Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

Meh not really, the issue specifically in relation to sport has been a talking point for a while now. There is a certain level of absurdity seeing trans women who have largely developed as men for most of their lives blow out women competitors things like that will warrant discussion anywhere.

I’m not going to pretend I give a toss about women’s sport in general or college swimming in the US but the topic is an interesting one to discuss and analyse regardless particularly when you have official entities drafting laws and regulations to account for the numbers of trans people. Its valid to explore the best way of handling things

Any argument that consists of “it doesn’t affect you why do you care” etc is childish imo. I’ve seen alot of valid points being made here on both sides

2 Likes

I know that but according to Joshua they are women :rofl:

Fair post bud, I wasn’t suggesting those were your view points btw just picked up on some things from your post to discuss :slight_smile:

As for the science and best solution - genuinely more than happy to hear what people think because, as I said, my knowledge is definitely nowhere near vast enough to really comment but happy to learn.

1 Like

I mean they’re women. Putting a modifier in front of it doesn’t really change things imo. I think sometimes we make things more complicated than they have to be.

My partner and I actually argue about this topic a lot. She doesn’t think it’s fair and maybe I’m just used to competing in an individual sport like marathons but I just don’t see the big deal. There’s always going to be someone better than you out there.

But I just don’t see the advantage. If there was this tremendous advantage we’d see a wave of transwomen winning things. I think there’s maybe one openly trans soccer player in the NWSL here in the States but they may have left the league, I’m not entirely sure. I just think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. It’s not like Lia Thomas walked off the street and won a trophy. They were already an elite athlete (even if @shamrockgooner doesn’t think of NCAA competitors as elite! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

They are not women and never will be women putting a dress/pants and cutting off bits does not change your sex. Your still a man even if your penis is in a pickle jar

2 Likes

It’s just incredible to me how much time you spend thinking about this :joy:

That’s a mental image I could have done without. Cheers.

Think tbh this discussion can only go so far on here as it’s male opinions.
Everyone is entitled to one but you need some equal measure opinions from a female perspective I think.
We don’t have that many on the forum and it’s not right to ask for them to contribute unless it’s there choice.
So although I think this has been a decent conversation it’s needs looking at from that wider audience outside of here.

3 Likes

No you just think I do

9 Likes

But they’re not the same opportunities, from the off.

Look, I don’t think anyone has a problem with transmen competing in men’s sports. But I also don’t think there is much desire there from what I can see.

So it isn’t solely a transphobia issue. But you can’t deny biology, as much as the trans lobby wants to.

8 Likes

Yeah the wider issue for me is the desire to ignore biology in these arguments.

6 Likes

Exactly, especially in a sport like cycling where strength and power are the most important attributes.
It makes no difference if he buys his clothes from Zara and looks good in a dress, he’s still a man and should compete against people of his own sex.
Or perhaps he’s realised that it’s easier for him to beat women rather than men.

I doubt with the treatment thats now been administered competing with men would put them at a disadvantage tbh.

100%

We separate athletes based on biology, not gender expression.

3 Likes

I doubt anyone would go through such a dramatic change (or a surgical ‘sex change’) to be successful in a sport. But with that said they would have a big advantage which is wrong towards everyone.

As I stated before, maybe they just have to choose what is more important - live their lives as their ‘right sex’ and give up their elite sport career, or continue to compete against other athletes based on their born biology.

4 Likes

Why do you think this would be the reason?

You have a better opinion of humanity than I do :slight_smile:

Can you point to a case where you think this happened?