Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

Hope more and more speak up and against it.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Good to see things moving the right way.

4 Likes

Alternative headline - biological males not allowed to compete Vs females anymore

5 Likes

How frightened you got too be when the term trans women offends you.
Ease of lads the right sporting decision has been made. Be happy with that.

2 Likes

The term ‘banned’ offends me more.

1 Like

Transwomen not allowed to compete against women who are assigned female by birth. Due to advantageous physiological attributes.

4 Likes

Excellent news. Now make this a blanket law in all sports. With no room for manoeuvring.

4 Likes

Line 2 says that only athletes assigned female at birth can compete in “women only” events. Does that mean a trans-man (who was assigned female at birth but has been taking puberty blockers and hormones for potentially years) would be forced to compete in the women’s events? I wonder where all the people who concern trolled over cis-women being put at a disadvantage are on that issue.

A trans man wouldn’t be able to compete in women’s only events because they are using testosterone which would almost certainly mean they’d fail any drug test lol

So it’s not really an issue is it.

5 Likes

About flipping time. This matter really should be open/shut, black/white.

It will get to a stage where natural women are at a disadvantage in women’s sport. We live in a crazy world

2 Likes

Would a transman not be eligible for an exemption from WADA?

I just don’t think a blanket ban makes sense. I recognize it’s a little different in individual sports versus team sports. I’m not sure what the right solution is, whether it’s open categories based on nanomoles of testosterone or something someone far smarter than me could figure out, but I’m really sick of people pretending to care about women’s sports just to make a point out of this issue while sharing videos like “10 Biggest WBNA Dunk Fails” the other six days of the week. (I’m not saying you’re doing that btw, it’s more something that happens on USA sports talk radio)

No they wouldn’t be eligible to compete with women with elevated testosterone levels.

Even a testosterone replacement dose for a man would leave their testosterone significantly higher than woman- even the ones that also use performance enhancing drugs.

1 Like

Are you asking me? Or just speaking your mind out loud?

Just wondering aloud. I don’t know what the WADA stance on testosterone therapy is or what the permitted amount (for lack of a better term) is.

I suppose as @SRCJJ mentioned that elevated testosteron levels are akin to using performance enhancing drugs and thus illegal in sports.

Perhaps there should be three categories? Since we don’t live in a binary gender world (well biologically we do, just not in people’s heads).

If we allow PEDs, we should allow it for everyone and sports will become a drug upped Wild West. Making the former USSR blush with envy.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know what the answer is but I don’t think a ban is the answer. Maybe the people that Oppenheimer inspired to be scientists will come up with some theory about how to group people and work with athletes and event organizers to create an equitable and inclusive structure for competition.

It says it in their FAQ:

What does this mean for Trans men?

Trans men who were assigned female at birth and who have, or are, Transitioning involving hormone therapy treatment, will be able to compete in the Open Category providing they would satisfy the conditions for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE). They would not be eligible for the Women’s category if they are Transitioning with hormone therapy treatment.

Trans men can participate in recreational/non-competitive activities and events in the gender they identify as. For information about World Anti-Doping Agency’s TUE guidelines for Transgender athletes visit this page

2 Likes

Difficult one isn’t it? I’m inclined towards inclusion at all times but some interesting information here and I’ve certainly learned something so thank you.

My take is: I don’t know what the answer is and I’m glad it’s not a decision I have to make.

1 Like

So they can’t compete in the men’s but can compete in the open. But I, in theory, could compete in both given that the only thing I take before a race is a double espresso to make sure I get that PRP (pre-race poop) checked off the list at least fifteen minutes before the gun.

1 Like