Tottenham Vs Arsenal (postponed)

If fucking Son scores the winner I’m rage quitting life.

I get why people are angrier about this postponement, it’s because we were honest and said we only had one case of Covid. People can wrap their heads around a fixture being postponed for pandemic reasons, less so when you have one player out with covid and after that it’s just regular injuries, AFCON and deciding to loan out players who could have done a job.

Reality is, if we’d just lied like Liverpool and claimed Covid was testing through the camp it would have probably flown under the radar just like all the other requests for postponement.

I do find it to be at once both lame and bizarrely self-aggrandising of Arsenal fans to act like all of the press, other fans, referees, the FA etc etc all reserve a special unique hatred for Arsenal.

4 Likes

As far as I am concerned all these people crying need to take issue with the premier league not Arsenal lol. We followed the rules to the letter of the law. #hastings

2 Likes

I know a lot of ppl doubted the match would be postponed just because it’s Arsenal and they love to fuck us, but I mean they are postponing every other match so makes sense to me.

What’s wild is the self righteousness coming from the scum and all these other ppl when they’ve all done the same exact thing. I guess we coulda just lied and said we had positive covid tests like lolpool did.

If you wanna be mad at someone be mad at the FA, their rules about this are shit. They should allow youth players to play if they want all the matches to go ahead, being stubborn about the 25 man roster doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

Its the premier league tbh. If this happened last weekend the FA Cup game would have went ahead as their rules state you must use your academy.

I remember reading that earlier

2 Likes

Ahh okay well the PL has some dumb rules especially currently. Their rules are fine under normal circumstances but they probably should have adjusted them the first time an entire squad came down with covid and had to postpone a match ya know like a couple months ago :joy::joy:

1 Like

Everyone thinks their team gets the short end of the stick. Hell, even City fans believe UEFA are out to get them, Madrid fans had insane conspiracies during the Pep era at Barcelona that things were rigged.

I do think it’s extremely on brand for Arsenal to try to do something shady but really do it poorly. If they wanted to play dirty like Liverpool did, they’d have closed the training ground or something.

3 Likes

I for one am glad we were honest about it and didn’t lower ourselves to Liverpool’s pathetic level. Anyone hating - media or otherwise- can fuck off.

6 Likes

One good thing is that this prick will be back for the rearranged fixture

1 Like

Will we be alright for Thursday? whats everyones thoughts

Odegaard will hopefully be COVID-free. And I think a few of our players just have knocks.

We won’t be full strength, but we’ll have enough I’d imagine.

2 Likes

13 Likes

This is epic my two favourite human beings in one

1 Like

God through love in Spurs are getting on twitter makes it fucming unbearable. The amount of games they’ve had postponed lol.

Fucking hate sports journalism in general tbh

Lol

:ramsdale:

6 Likes

That is how I imagine Eric Dier counting. He has one of those dead eye faces.

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I know they did the same to Rennes, was it? But didn’t they actually have to forfeit their European match? I think they might have a legit complaint tbh.