Thomas Lemar

Yeah, he can play as a #10 but Lemar is a baller on one of the flanks imo. In theory we could do a Lemar-Laca-Pepe tripletta but we’ve got Saka too now.
Think we should focus more on a CB and midfielder that can shift between #8 and #10 easily.

A central midfielder is definitely the priority.
The reason I would go for Lemar is because we can reintroduce the auxillary midfielder tactics that Wenger did with Nasri, Cazorla & Ramsey.
A player who can work the wing but if need be drop to the midfield. Lemar is perfect for that.

I love that tactic and I am sure Arteta can execute it right

1 Like

The only way we get him is if we sell Aubameyang. That would actually work as a swap deal.

It wouldn’t work for me. Or for Arsenal. But apart from that, yeah it’d definitely work.

4 Likes

But you have a 30yo with 18months left on his contract who wants out. Atletico want a striker. Okay maybe Lemar isn’t the ideal player for us but maybe he is. He’s the right age bracket and has produced top level performances at Monaco

Can he play on the left?

Od take a chance for £20m but there are others above him on the wish list

Ceballos…?

He is a good call but won’t function as a winger when it’s time to be one.
Plus I don’t think we will renew his time here after summer.

Yes

1 Like

If we need a winger, we should sign a proper winger. I don’t understand why you would want your centre midfielder to be used as a winger?

I think he does have the talent to justify buying him. Question will be more if Arteta can get it out of him.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Has a great cross in him as well. Legit baller.

1 Like

I would sooner us go back in for Zaha…

1 Like

Why not, the way Arteta lifted the likes of Ozil and Xhaka…Lemar could be exciting as fuck…the problem is we desperately need a CB and a LB and i dont see us bringing 3 new players in January.

1 Like

We dodged the bullet once on this kid why would we want to look again.

2 Likes

Zahas numbers this season are not what we need.

At least Lemar is the profile we should be looking at, a creative winger/AM in the Mkhi/Iwobi mould.

If we can get him on a pretty cut price deal I’m all for it.

He’s been hard done by with some pretty defensive managers that haven’t got the best out of him.

But then, there are concerns over his talent himself. I guess this should be used to get him at a low low price.

We are not managed by Wenger anymore :wink:. We need wingers who can keep width, penetrate/dribble on both wings under Arteta. We needed that under Wenger too, but that is passed.

1 Like

Best case scenario if he performs, he can do that too.

Best option is a loan with an option to buy - we can evaluate if he is a good option for Arteta that way.
Maybe try and see if we can trade for Lacazette or something.

Well said.
There are positions that we desperately need backup/reinforcement.

Sorry, Lemar is not one of them.

2 Likes

Depending on what happens with Ceballos and Ozil midfielders could be most defininately be a priority.

1 Like

Can’t see this happening in January, unless it’s a loan.

True.

Besides, I preferred him in Never Mind the Buzzcocks.