Thomas Lemar

Seriously can’t see why they would loan him. He’s still very useful to Cholo.

Oh mate your not going to bang this Zaha drum again are you.
We are not spending that sort of money on him in January.

What if we get him on loan? :joy::rofl:

He’d be shit for less.

1 Like

I’m gonna bang that drum! AFTER we sign a top quality CB!

We do badly need a creative attacking midfielder, preferably one who can play both through the middle as a 10 or on the wing. Even if Ozil’s resurgence is real, he can’t play every match, is 31, and isn’t going to be an Arsenal player past summer 2021 at the latest unless he takes a massive pay cut. Ceballos is only our player for the next five months and doesn’t quite fit the bill anyway, as more of an 8/10 hybrid than a 10/11 kind of player. I’d like to see Smith-Rowe get more chances, but in all likelihood he won’t make it at Arsenal.

But I’m skeptical that Lemar is the player we want. Simeone’s system is very restrictive but he really hasn’t produced in terms of goal involvements for three years now, going back to his last year at Monaco. He had one great season when the team around him was fantastic, but has struggled for multiple sides once put into situations in which he had more creative responsibility.

But he can do both

Lemar is out in the cold in Madrid, fans have turned against him. He’ll go on loan during January. Hopefully to Arsenal, stick a £35m future fee clause on there for good measure.

1 Like

Loan with option seems no-brainer assuming we actually want him and know exactly the role he will play.

Didn’t this guy turn out to be a fraud after the last Euro? Thought we dodged a bullet back then. Why interested in him again when he’s not exactly doing well at AM as well?

Thing about Atletico is it’s not exactly built for players in Lemar’s build, attacking players don’t quite thrive there especially recently.

With that said I’m not convinced he’s someone we sholud be looking at, on a loan perhaps but we shouldn’t be signing him on a long term deal without seeing what he looks like in the PL first.

He’s definitely leaving Atleti imo.

Wonder where he ends up.

SIMEONE LE ABRE LA PUERTA A LEMAR: “No ha respondido a las expectativas”.

means

SIMEONE OPENS THE DOOR TO LEMAR: “It has not responded to expectations.”

Spanish language I swear to god. Even Google Translate can’t properly translate it.

I hate when doors don’t respond to your expectations ffs such a downer

2 Likes

When the vending machine prices go up and your a coin short and nobody around.

4 Likes

Thank God

1 Like

Lemar close to Arsenal

Certainly the right profile, but I am very unsure if he is the guy to get.

Ah see, @Calum would have said “I am 50/50 on him”

2 Likes