Theo Walcott

Should be a bit more than that by now surely?!

It was tongue in cheek because it seems as if that comment has been said about him, by Arsenal supporters, every season since we’ve been at the Emirates.

But you’re right, he should have been more than that by now, and it’s likely he will always be known as the oldest player in the PL who has still to fulfil his potential :grinning:

1 Like

I’d rather have the twenty million Everton paid us

6 Likes

@Phoebica really nailed it for me. Dude spent a decade here and I don’t really remember anything he did on the field but remember him more for getting that ridiculous contract and still being crap.

Contrast that with Ramsey who at the very least will be remembered for winning two FA Cups.

1 Like

Looking at the likes of Walcott, RvC, Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor just sickens me. They’re indicative of an age in which Arsenal went backwards and they just used us.

Seriously, if I could re-write history like Stalin, the footballing years between 2006 and 2014 didn’t exist.

Theo got the first one against Villa tbf and it was a good one. Agree with the rest.

1 Like

2009 I would say. Until the 07/08 season Wenger and Arsenal did almost everything the ‘right’ way. They just couldn’t bring the League home.

1 Like

Lol he was class for us. Scored in big games and scored 100 goals from the wing. Declined at the end, but all greats decline at some stage :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Did you see the video of him with the little kids before the Feyenoord match? Maybe I’m just a softie but it made me smile.

He was never class haha

That incredible run against Liverpool at Anfield to assist Adebayor - that was utter class. Carved through an entire team with pace and dribbling - still pains me that we went out to the Scouse cunts that year. The fucking pits.

Aside from that, there isn’t a prominent abiding memory of his contribution.

1 Like

For some reason, apart from the Anfield assist, I also kindly remember a goal he scored against Villareal, chipping the goalie.

1 Like

I liked his goal v Shaktar a lot too

1 Like

Quite harsh tbh, did he not score the opening goal in the FA cup win over Villa where it looked like we were going into halftime at 0 - 0?

He’s scored important goals for us, don’t see how anyone can deny that.

1 Like

Funny u say this cuz u were one of the loudest with the “Theo sign da ting” nonsense :joy::joy:

1 Like

Desperate times. In 12/13 he was one of our key players and we didn’t want to lose a key player for the third year in a row. His best season of goals aswell. Was it 21 in the league?

But he was never class tho? Ermm okay 🖒🖒 :joy::joy:

No clearly that was a fluke season as he was shit, injured or both the other seasons

Injuries are the only legit criticism. However that’s like saying Eduardo wasn’t class just because he broke his ankle. Nonsensical tbh.

:fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish:

2 Likes