Theo Walcott

Because he’s a guaranteed starter there. Something he hadn’t nailed down here after 11 seasons.

3 Likes

He has done well at Everton, but a lot of players do well at a lot of clubs.
It’s only because he is an ex Arsenal player that we are even mentioning him.
Would we seriously be looking at him, at his age, thinking he would be a great signing?
I doubt it.

He was our longest serving player, when we sold him, and in all those seasons he was here he was rarely more than average, and far too inconsistent at this level, so a few decent games for Everton doesn’t really change that.

1 Like

We really aren’t. It’s just treble haha as he’s misses his boy

2 Likes

Theo hasn’t been acceptable enough on the ball for about three years. He was never good on it in the first place but there were enough upsides like the timing of his runs and knack of being in the right place etc to make it work. Everything just regressed with him since then making him utterly useless.

it’s not necessarily that he’s regressed, it’s just that there were huge expectations of him that never really manifested. He never really became that great world-class player that most people were expecting him to become.

And as usual with Wenger, once he gets emotionally attached to his investments, a sort of a sunk cost fallacy, he just can’t stop further losses ship the deadwood off. He invested a lot of wages, trust, game time into Walcott.

2 Likes

The obsession of him pulling a Thierry and becoming a ST along with those comparisons got to him. He reached a great level at RW at one stage but then he wanted to become a ST. Surely his finishing and positioning in the box heavily improved but other things he worked on at RW were neglected.
Good thing he realized that he could do a job at RW/RF again. He looks great there.

1 Like

Injured lol why am I not surprised also lol at him being most transferred in player in FPL

1 Like

Fuck. That’s an FPL gamble that didn’t pay off.

Me too.
Walcott for Richarlison.
I won’t be doing that again.

That’s nice.
While the supporters pay his 120k a week wages he gets bored with football.
What a spoilt, entitled, self obsessed, ungrateful player he is.

He is the perfect illustration at what was wrong with the club.
Lazy and complacent, and our longest serving player.

3 Likes

So did I when he was playing for us.

8 Likes

When your only skill is getting the ball and running out of bounds, I’m not surprised.

1 Like

The actual quotes are not as bad.

It seems you didn’t read the article at all. I’m not surprised, you probably knew you could complain more about the headline than the article so didn’t want to compromise a great opportunity for yourself.

For all his faults I’ve never got the impression that spoilt, entitled, self obsessed, ungrateful, lazy and complacent were particularly relevant ones for him.

4 Likes

Apart from when he was teasing supporters about signing a new contract and only putting in decent performances when contract negotiations were coming up.

1 Like

My fave part in all the interviews Theo has been doing is this part about his son:

Walcott added: “He’s always loved Gunnersaurus, so he finds it strange for me to be in blue now.

"He says ‘daddy, why are you in blue and where’s Gunnersaurus?’

“So he’s trying to get a concept of what’s going on. Trying to explain to your kid, ‘you’re not going to see Gunnersaurus for a while’ is actually pretty difficult!”

:grin:

3 Likes

Not happy with Theo today :eyes:

that didnt take too long, they are gonna have a rough ride with him. Soon will come his soundbites, wonder who he will blame for his shit appearances maybe the team will not want it enough there either.

1 Like

Be a long way from the hate at Everton. Too many inferior players in front of him at Goodison tbf.

2 Likes