The Conservative Party

Sthlm’s great, don’t listen to them

1 Like

Not only that but all the money that found its way into they and their mates pockets, especially during the pandemic. Have a feeling we’ve barely scratched the surface.

1 Like

Stride made the remarks as he addressed journalists at a lunch in Westminster, when he was asked whether the government will attempt to revisit its plans to raise the pension age in future in light of riots and protests in France.

The work and pensions secretary, a close ally of Rishi Sunak, said: “I don’t think it’s in our national psyche to start rioting and burning things over the state pension. Ultimately I took the decision [to delay] because of Covid and economic uncertainties and the fact that the important thing is you give people 10 years notice of any change.”

Basically just admitting that they’ll do it because they can get away with it lol.

About time we gave our national payche a serious fucking adjustment.

1 Like

Raising the pension age makes sense.

I mean I get the optics and the idea of it suck, but people are living longer than ever so it makes sense that when lifespans go up then retirement age has to keep up as well.

Look at what happened in Greece, a large part of it was their huge public sector that allowed people to retire aged 55.

1 Like

My point was them acknowledging that they can get away with it so will likely press on and do it, rather than addressing the merits of the policy itself.

It sums up the Tory mindset and the pussy aspect of our national character that we prefer to refer to us our “stiff upper lip”

2 Likes

Ahhh fair I’m an idiot, very valid point.

I really feel like the “stiff upper lip” thing is to the detriment of the UK public these days.

You aren’t trekking through the jungles of India and Africa in a full-morning suit for the Queen and the glory of the empire anymore, it’s ok to complain about shit.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/HarryYorke1/status/1659951990741368834

fingers crossed we can get this awful cunt gone soon as well

3 Likes

These fucks are all the same. We had a Minister of Justice trying to backhand the Edmonton police chief to wriggle his way out of a traffic violation. Got his ass fired for it. Cunt.
CityNews.

Lol you can’t get someone out of office for seeking advice this was such a none story and a waste of time

1 Like

@ryaninho sincere question what are your thoughts on Tories failing on their immigration pledge…again…or rather since 2010?

1 Like

I’ve said many times before when people kept saying that there are no safe routes. 1.2 mil last year with a net 606k that’s absurd and criminal to those of us living here. These people need to be housed, they kids needs schools and the need to use public services. Everyone is complaining that there are no affordable housing and the nhs is stretched that is part of the problem. Those guys are conservatives in name only the guys on here are so progressive they don’t see the current iteration on the tories are closer to Blair than thatcher. Higher taxes, bigger government/bloated civil services and zero control on imigration

2 Likes

Out of interest, did the statistic break down how many of that number were attempting to enter the country illegally v legal migration and UK residents returning?

Taking back control :slight_smile:

600k net were just legal

Total long-term immigration was estimated at around 1.2 million in 2022, and emigration was 557,000, which means migration continues to add to the population with net migration at 606,000;

With all home securities blocked from doing their jobs by the civil service, ECH and the media class who all think endless immigration is a good and one that make gdp go up :unamused:
Something that is far from the truth it puts a strain on the country demographically, culturally and societally. Housing prices and rent are out of control because there is such a big demand for them. 200k-300k homes built with 600k immigrants plus those who are here demand far exceeds availability

1 Like

So, my understanding is that the incomings are; (based on ONS statistics)
1,200,000 legal migrants of which (in 2022) 381,459 were T2 visas (skilled worker list)
52,000 arrivals by illegal migrants and asylum seekers.

Annual Outgoings
557,000 moving out of the UK.
20,000 refused entry and or deported (based on first 3 months of 2023).

Are you saying you have an issue with immigration in all it’s forms?

1 Like

Rents can be controlled, it’s a political decision not to.
As for house prices, they can be controlled too but by building enough new homes to meet demand and increasing taxation on 2nd and 3rd homes that aren’t rented out.

All political decisions!

1 Like

Same with immigration :slight_smile: