U.S. Politics

13 Likes

Insanity to watch these sort of events unfold following a democratic process in a 1st world, influential nation.

Scary and sad, but not wholly unsurprising when the protestors have an idiot as their idol.

Convinced the retaliation carnage would be next level if there were more ethnic minorities involved in the protests :worried:

Imagine being the President of the USA and having social media organisations freeze your account. For shame. Trump’s legacy is going down in flames :fire:and it couldn’t happen to a more fitting prick.

2 Likes
1 Like

I am not sure about that anymore.
US & UK are just riding on previous glory right now. The processes are very outdated.

4 Likes

Trump whips up a storm with his complete falsehoods and 4 die in the ensuing anarchy

I’d charge him with manslaughter

4 Likes

Its been outdated since 1991, its a relic of the Cold War.

1st world countries: US and western allies, countries with stable democracies and the rule of law.

2nd world countries: USSR, China, basically the communist world.

3rd world countries: less developed countries which weren’t formally aligned with/a part of either of the previous two groups.

I get the phrases have evolved slightly since then, but the whole model isn’t really fit for purpose. There isn’t really a second world any more but we still talk about first and third world countries, might as well do away with the phrases entirely.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Would love to see them enact the 25th amendment. Never been used before, and would be a fitting first.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The fucks in her towel lol

Fucking LOL

Wow that’s such an embarrassing “interview” :see_no_evil: It will circle the internet until the end of time. Imagine having future grandkids see that. Damn I would honestly rather shoot myself.

1 Like

Because they’re white.

2 Likes

The thing history has taught us about this kind of thing.

Sooner or later, you have to confront these people and stamp them out. And the more you put it off, the more damage is caused. Appeasement doesn’t work.

1 Like

:ozil:

Can this be correct and would you apply it the other way? I mean, storming the Capitol is a gross action in a democratic country - it wasn’t a coup or terrorism, but it was a really dumb, pushy, mob protest worthy of scorn and contempt. But was it worse than say what BLM did in Portland where they attacked a federal building for days on end in a planned fashion. It really needs to be a plague on both houses or else the resentment is just going to build and it’s only going to get worse. It can’t be yay be a mob when it’s one side and then oh no evil mob when it’s the other. We need to condemn the entire shitshow that is America right now.

Well said, President Biden

You’re doing the “both sides” thing again by ignoring the nuance and context of both happenings. You’ve also excluded that the events at the US capitol building were a textbook case of sedition aided and abetted by the President, many Republican members of congress and law enforcement. Even if you think BLM protests weren’t justified you can’t deny the government response was far harsher than yesterday’s out and out coup attempt.

4 Likes

Lol I always chuckle when ppl call it a coup attempt. There was no plan it was just a bunch of dumb rednecks breaking in. Once they got there they didn’t know what to do. Trump is too stupid to pull a coup, like I think he’d have to have the military involved at least not a bunch of morons named Cletus running around DC with no plan :joy::joy:

2 Likes

It was a coup attempt. A really, really shit one.

1 Like