You know what really grinds my gears?

The Chase is brilliant
As for pointless on bbc … what’s all that shyte about ?

My old boss at Morrison’s. Glad I am working as a support working now. Retail sucks lol

1 Like

Life is expected that you leave school, leave the family home and meet a partner, a wife or a man but what they don’t tell you is about that alarming rate that nasal hair grows at !
You go through life , married, mortgage in place , an offspring on the way then wallop…tusks appear from each nasal capacity and then over night , low and behold the tusks have appeared from each ear hole !!!
What is going on!
You leave school , women tits and fanny and then low and behold every other bodily opening becomes a woolly mammoth !
What makes matters worse you yank the hairs out and you loose follicles from the scalp !
What’s going on here !

2 Likes

I really dislike when people use the term “third world country”, I prefer developing nation

3 Likes

That’s fair. I have been guilty of doing that myself and should check myself.

In truth it’s an antiquated term to describe cold war allegiances isn’t it? Countries that weren’t in the Western or Soviet blocs of influence.

3 Likes

Yeah, I said the same on here not long ago, it’s no longer a pertinent term because it’s inextricably linked to the now defunct Cold War model of geopolitics

Edit,

1 Like

Many find “devloping countries” to be offensive too.

Or maybe that’s just leftists?

Third world, former colonies, the global south – in the majority of the cases it’s the same countries they’re talking about.

People who shamelessly get mad at you for not doing their job for them. I just had a waste of flesh get pissed at me because I don’t have remote connection info for a client. I have zero reason to gather that information, it’s a security risk. Not to mention, I do the design work before the servers are built. So when I’m working with the client the IP addresses don’t even exist yet. What a cunt.

12 Likes

Generally a good rant worthy of the thread, but this was my personal highlight :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Waste of flesh and waste of air are part of my everyday lexicon. Sometimes I use the acronym WoF.

1 Like

Only Fools and Horses
Sorry , I just don’t get it , one or two possible funny episodes but … nah
It’s a tacky version of the great Minder .

Blasphemy… To the stocks haha

2 Likes

Minder is bloody brilliant. The writing from about series 5 to 7 was exemplary.

@BizzySignal agrees (I know this without a response from Biz)

1 Like

Yeah with the current lockdown and being at home 90% of the time, I’ve had plenty of time to watch classic shows I haven’t seen since I was little kid (They were reruns back then as well :joy:), didn’t really understand them back then, but now I can fully appreciate shows like Minder, The Sweeney etc… can’t agree with Ash though Only fools is one of the greatest written sitcoms of all time, especially the earlier seasons. Arthur Daley and Del Boy have to be two of the best TV characters ever created.

1 Like

I think what I really like about Minder is that there isn’t any canned laughter. You’re not forced to think something is funny.

Only Fools is done to death now. Repeats all over the place, on every platform (apart from the BBC weirdly). I think familiarity can breed contempt.

Random bit of trivia. In Christmas 1985, the Only Fools and Minder Christmas specials were scheduled at the same time. The television audience were disgusted lol.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true, it’s so well written and so well acted. Both George Cole and Dennis Waterman’s comedic timing is impeccable. Terry’s face every time Arthur is pulling a hustle or he catches on to something Arthur is doing is classic.

Agree with OFAH being played out now, still them early seasons are timeless!

1 Like

Definitely. I’m always surprised Terence doesn’t ever wallop Arthur :joy:

The way Arthur treats Dave from the Winchester, too. Priceless. “Put it on the slate, Dave”

I think the OFAH chandelier scene is overrated, but the Del going hang-gliding bit is magic.

1 Like

@BizzySignal & @DavidHillier having ITV2 and 3 on lockdown watching shows way before their time

2 Likes

ITV4! Get it right :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah agree about the Chandelier scene, my personal favourite OFAH scene is when Del enters Rodney into an art competition.

Only seen about a season of minder, to many classic scenes. Love the one where Terry looks for a new job and Arthur is worried about his employment :joy::rofl: the one with the Greek restaurant is funny AF.

@arsenescoatmaker yeah ITV4 it’s like a window into another time. Watching the Sweeney, it’s got a lot of shots around White City estate which is an area I spent a lot of time growing up, even has a few inside the shit hole that is loftus road, strange to see what those places looked like back in the 70s!

3 Likes