U.S. Politics

6 Likes

Holy shit, that’s pretty spot on

2 Likes

If its like this tonight, whats it gonna be like on inauguration night??

The woman shot inside the building died.

Cool story, bro.

3 Likes

Holy fuck, when they killed that woman - they shot at a stairwell full of people, including many law enforcement officers!

1 Like

And he’s gone…for a few hours at least.

2 Likes

Yep, and particularly given that there won’t be any Democratic supporters coming to Washington due to Covid. So you could literally have an inauguration taking place while the entire center of the city is being descended upon by people who believe that the guy getting sworn in is illegitimate. It’s a recipe for big problems, to put it mildly.

I don’t know why security wasn’t ramped up for Trump’s event which had been planned for weeks. Everybody knew today was going to be a big gathering of MAGA loons who would be seeking to disrupt the certification process.

After today, authorities will not be taking any chances for the inauguration. DC will be locked down basically

3 Likes

A lot of people on Twitter are saying the woman killed by police was actually only 16 years old.

I can’t find a decent source to confirm, however.

Yeah you’re right, but the very fact that they needed this to shock them into doing it is strange as you said. That’s why I’m not totally convinced there won’t be problems during the inauguration even with increased security. Plus at a certain point, when tens of thousands of people are coalescing in one spot, no amount of security is going to render that gathering as harmless.

1 Like

Can we please find an isolated island somewhere and banish him from the rest of the world. He can live on that island for the rest of his life in isolation in.

The thing that continues to amaze me is how many people think that this breakdown in the US has happened BECAUSE of Trump. In other words, if there was no Donald Trump America would never have gone through a time like this and this moment in history would otherwise have been smooth sailing. That’s absolutely foolish.

Trump has fueled the fire and made things way worse as President, but 75 million people saw who he was for four years and still voted for him. Trump could drop dead tomorrow, but those people are still there and they will still be motivated by what he tapped into. This goes so much deeper than Trump now, and when he’s out of the picture another figure could easily come out of the woodwork and take his place.

3 Likes

Not 16.

But, rather a 14 year veteran who served 4 tours with the US Air Force… RIP Ashli Babbit.

That crowd was riled up because that fat orange fuck couldn’t take losing. Now a woman is dead and he’ll face no punishment. You just know it… in a effort to calm things down the Dems will let him off so as not to bring about potential unrest from his more extreme supporters.

That or he’ll just pardon himself. One rule for the rich/powerful(ly connected) and another for the plebs.

3 Likes

Sad for her family but play stupid games win stupid prizes

3 Likes

It’s absolutely because of Trump.

Sure these people have always been there, but they are merely a dormant seed waiting for the right environment in which to thrive.

2 Likes

Nice selection of suitable digs for him up in the Canadian Arctic, but we don’t want him up here, thank you.

1 Like

When I say that it isn’t because of Trump, I don’t mean to discount all of the things he has done over the past four years and the way in which that they’ve have a massive negative effect on the country because that’s clear. Of course he has been directly responsible for many things which have been extremely harmful both to the U.S. and other countries. But the only reason Trump ever got the nomination and won the Presidency was because he touched on feelings that were already there in tens of millions of people and was able to exploit them.

Things such as opposition to large scale immigration in a period of major demographic change, wishes for protectionism in trade in an increasingly globalized world and less policy driven motivators such as a reaction to an out of control level of political correctness and thought policing were always going to motivate large segments of the American electorate at this time. Trump didn’t change these peoples minds, they were already made up before he came along and someone was going to tap into it sooner rather than later. In my opinion, another person has a good chance of doing so once Trump is gone as well, so any expectation that this dies with him is misplaced. Trump isn’t here to stay, but his supporters and anyone moderately sympathetic to their worldview are.

1 Like

You just know that the bootlicking BBC cunts like Kuenssburg and Peston would never have the balls to say it like it is, like these papers do:

3 Likes