The State of The Arsenal

Well if you were to search my comments I did partially excuse the eighth place finish last season as being a freaky season where clubs with big stadia didn’t have the normal fortress effects they have.

2 Likes

Fair enough Iceman. I wasn’t aware of this.

1 Like

Can we scrap Liverpool’s title while we’re at it?

Fs anti Laca cunt beat me to it

2 Likes

The measure of how Conte and Arteta compare is in the PL because they are on a level playing field and every team plays every other team home and away.

The FA Cup, playing in front of no crowds was an unusual situation that we took advantage of.
If Arteta is such an FA Cup genius why did we go out to a Championship team this season when we had no European football distractions?

Conte took over a poor spurs side in turmoil, with no pre season or transfer window and got them into the CL at our expense.

This proves he is clearly a superior manager and would have done a far better job than Arteta if our board had any clue off how to run a successful football club.

2 Likes

Beating Chelsea and City in a run does seem remarkable, especially back then. Sure, anything can happen in a cup competition, but I have believed that atmosphere taken away during those matches helped mix things up a bit further also. Anyway, sometimes better to be lucky than good, I actually thought Tuchel was somewhat lucky with his CL cup win last season.

Tbf, Iceman wasn’t shifting posts.

He’s a good poster too imo. No chance he’s in the same basket as BigWeng.

1 Like

Ok man, your whole cover was blown with your little cowardly recent retreats, it’s great you and your little simpletons are having a blast at the club’s expense but the fact your the first user to ever be put on mass ignore speaks volumes- we’ve had some annoying spammers in the past but nothing quite like this.

We can’t even have a reasonable discussion about the club on here any more because of you and your chimps so no wonder people who have been here for years and years are on the out. There’s better ways to discuss the culture of the club than this boring horseshit. And honestly that’s the real issue it’s genuinely just boring especially since you confirmed you’re actually just trolling by leaving during our up swings in form and returning for the down.

1 Like

Conte’s genius got them out of the Conference League mate. :rofl:
They no showed the final match as well.

Always some turds on every forum who revel in the teams failure because it suits their agenda.

Would be easier to just put me on ignore

1 Like

I would imagine that with a squad lacking in quality and depth as theirs is, getting top four was his main priority, and it looked like his tactic worked.

I don’t know what Arteta’s tactic was but it failed completely yet again.

1 Like

Why would I ever do that? I really wanna see ur galaxy brain takes on how great Arteta is :joy::joy:

You’ll put the whole forum on ignore when we catch form next season as a team renewed by good summer signings.

1 Like

Always just weighing up pros vs. cons as we go along, have said I’m not calling for his head right now, guess as with this season there is potential for him to come under pressure if we are underperforming around Nov of next season. He largely has trust for this summer on the back of last summer.

I do think it is fair to say at this point though that there is confidence his ceiling is not sky high at Klopp and Pep levels, but he’s good enough to make a replacement right now not present as obvious. Whether he is better than OGS I still am not sure, that’s where I probably am most controversial here, but I do largely like what he is trying to do with club culture (and non-negotiables) long term.

I have a huge agenda i admit. My agenda, is Arsenal not being an embarrassment, and the club being back at the top of the sport. For that to happen we have to sack this amateur forehead who’s done nothing but lie and gaslight the fanatics into sumbmission :woozy_face::woozy_face:

3 Likes

Probably not because we’ve already seen this story. Spend a ton of money, have a better squad than 85% of the league, and still fail when push comes to shove cuz hes just a shit manager. Ole/Arteta paradox proven right time after time.

If we do summer right this might actually be true for the first time in a long fucking time. You buy well you do well. We have a good foundation but we still have a ways to go to complete the squad. Hopefully we’ll finally see the last of Wenger’s lost boys too in Xhakazette.

If we do so this right then you’ll have a decision to make, do you decide to finally settle down and follow your team for s league campaign or do you take the huff and retreat into your Wenger masterbatorium where you have no WiFi just a bunch of pictures of him on the walls

3 Likes

We had the 5th best squad this season. United seemed better but they underperformed. Spurs squad is nowhere near as complete as ours yet they will finish above us. Just like Liecester and West Ham did last season. Its gonna keep happening because we have a mediocre manager.

1 Like