The State of The Arsenal

Long term strategist our Mikel

Maybe not winning the league but certainly getting a top six place would be considered a vast difference, compared to mid table.

There are some who, amazingly, still think he’s the right man for the job, after an unconvincing win over West Brom.
So if we do get nearer the top of the PL next season, I would expect almost all our fanbase to be right behind him, which means his devious plan of pretending he’s useless, rather than a true genius, will have worked.

Either that or we are in the worst position of most PL teams, with the worst manager, and yet we’re quite willing to carry on into next season as if nothing is wrong.

I wonder if all our rivals are going to go into the new season with the same attitude of complacency.

3 Likes

Let’s be frank here. We are now direct competitors to clubs like Everton and West Ham.

Leicester took our spot as a top 6 club.

Mikel’s plan of transforming us into a mid-table club has been accomplished.

Relishing a win against bottom dwellers is now where the bar has been set.

3 Likes

We’re just finished. The club as a collective have lost their minds oflver smooth brain. And going into a death spiral.

Liverpool have been in this league position in the past several times. Even moneybags Chelsea have mid table finishes.

Next season I’m pretty sure we’ll have greater revenue than Leicester, West Ham and Everton. I’m pretty sure we’ll spend more in the summer than all of them

Some perspective

5 Likes

Might have greater revenue thanks to resting on our laurels thanks to Henry, Bergkamp and Seaman.

But today and next season we are a mid-table club, bigger revenue or not.

It might happen, but also we might do reasonably well. If we are in the same place in 6-12 months we get another manager to solve the problem

1 Like

Don’t put us in the same bracket as Liverpool and Chelsea, they’ve ambitious owners and sack underperforming managers while we reward them. We never learn from the mistakes while they do,

You are going to be so heartbroken next season if you think things are going to change. That’s why i blame the fanbase as much as the club, accepting mediocrity and keep on moving on the goal posts. Shame really.

1 Like

Really agree man, everything you said is spot on and I think a lot of people need step back from the cliff a little. Next year could be a really great chance at a new era for Arsenal, our January clear out was fantastic and hopefully we’ll finish the job in the summer.

No Europa League is an absolute blessing in disguise, Arteta, the players and the board have no where to hide next season. Attack the league and no excuses.

I even think if we we’re not performing by Xmas we’ll do a Chelsea type job on Arteta.

4 Likes

:joy::rofl: state of Arsenal

5 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

I’m not that hot ok EK’s bid but this aspect is very concerning. There’s a definite lack of transparency about how the club has responded to the pandemic. Fans don’t know the extent of current and future liabilities in relation to ownership. I subcribe to the idea if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

I think KSE isn’t considering easy wins on fan representation on the board because they don’t want to have to disclose information that supporters may not like about the finances of the club.

6 Likes
14 Likes

Hahahah fuck.

2 Likes

Club. Gutter

2 Likes

The sooner we accept we are mid table the easier life will become.

I am glad Chelsea won it last night. I can’t stand Pep and City. Glad for Giroud he now has won a World Cup, a CL, the Premier League.

It’s also this sort of mentality that will see us win nothing.

The victim mentality that Wenger instilled post 2005.

Chelsea lost to Leicester a fortnight ago in a big final. It wasn’t like Leicester were fortunate in the end either. Their goal wasn’t pummeled.

When you’ve got 11 against 11 on a football pitch you’ve got to believe. Chelsea did that yesterday. We very rarely do that. We, arguably, only had that mindset under Georgie Graham.

6 Likes

We’ve done the double over the CL winners. Makes us the best team in the world right now tbh

3 Likes

Just want to officially distance myself from this “we” part

You accept that if you want. I’ll continue to want more and better from the club because it’s entirely possible to have it.

6 Likes