The State of The Arsenal

From these guys:

To guys like this:

2 Likes

Meh, if this season’s end doesn’t have us towards the relegation zone then there is no way it will happen anytime soon. There’s still enough quality in the team to comfortably finish mid table but still struggling for European spots.

1 Like

Xhaka looks just like Alexis in that pic

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, he does :ozil:

Alexis was a good lad though, one of the last top guys we had

Was laughed at by half this squad cause he was a winner and didn’t accept second best.

2 Likes

Is this really the night to focus on what a fan’s agendas are.

He’s hurting just like we’re hurting and that’s it.

Our club is dead and we’re stuck waiting for someone to bring it back to life.

1 Like
8 Likes

I think it was on this thread that I wrote a few months back that the club is dying because the core is rotten.

I had hoped the on pitch results would remedy some of the pain and we would find our way back into the CL.

But it would have continued to mask the true problems. Complacency and arrogance from the top down. Ownership, through to management, through to the players.

The hatchet job on this club for the last decade has been astonishing. Those at the top sit there and let it happen, starting from Wenger’s latter years when our targets for the league kept shifting lower and lower, and we rely on our name and past glories to pretend like we’re still competitive.

Pro-activeness is not this clubs modus operandi. Literal club equivalent of a deck chair sitting back whilst letting everything pass it by. Arteta is the current scorn and target of anger which I understand, but the cycle will continue if he leaves and not change until the ownership is changed.

2 Likes

I agree with the first 3 paragraphs of your post but not so much the last 2 paragraphs. Sure there very probably is culture of mediocrity within the players and lack of personal responsibility to be the best they can be.

But in the transfer market Arteta and Emery/Sven/Raul were all backed with substancial investments. I was personally really happy with the way board spent without receiving much back in players sold. And I think we’ve got significantly better players than they’re made to look. Not only that but Arteta has outcast several big investments in Saliba, Guenduzzi and Ozil. Maybe he needed to do that to cast his authority or maybe not.

That aside should he be doing better with these players? When we take 5 minutes passing out of the back it makes any counter attack where we catch the opposition off guard impossible. Does anyone even remember the last counter attacking goal we scored? Compounded by that all of our attacks seem to need to go down the flanks with the fullbacks. It’s regemented but it’s predictable and it doesn’t break teams down. On top of that we don’t win back possession to maybe start a counter attack. We back off from the oppossesion until they either score or put the ball out at our end. Then we recycle the ball around our half for the next 5 minutes. The tactics are foundamentally not fit for purpose. And that’s all on Arteta’s footballing philosophy.

6 Likes

I want to make the argument that if fans were allowed to games, Sunday would have been the perfect way to make a stand. Those who went yesterday would have witnessed and booed off that debacle. Based on that, there would and should be an empty stadium on Sunday. Hit the Kroenkes in the pockets, where it hurts, and the first trigger reaction might be to sack the incompetent manager.

However- with fans at stadia, would we have been as bad as we are now?

1 Like

Top post, that

1 Like

We have the least pro active board in the PL.
We kept Wenger too long, Emery wasn’t a big enough name to replace him and the choice of a complete novice like Arteta was laughable.

Who will the next manager be and how do we trust them to do anything other than continue this side into mediocrity?

I’ve being saying this would happen under Kroenke for the last few seasons.
Anything above mid table would be considered a success next season and that’s exactly how Kroenke likes it.

Low expectation, while still making a profit.
Anyone still backing Kroenke must hate the club.

2 Likes

The more the club gets shittier the more I fall in love with it. Fucking hell, I suspected I’m a masochist but this pretty much confirms it.

1 Like

what i don’t understand is how can this be allowed to continue it is devaluing the brand and what the Kroenkes have bought. No one wants to see what they have bought decrease in value, maybe the mcmahons have the kroenkes spot on…he is a terrible businessman much less an owner.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a good business man when you’ve been born AND married into money.

3 Likes

Knew I went wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Well time to re-title this thread: The Fucking State of The Arsenal.

2 Likes

You know what - I am going to be naive and optimistic for 2 mins

If we focus on just PL, we can win the damn thing.

Liverpool almost did that when they had no European football.

Do you think Arteta is losing on purpose so teams underrate us next season so we can win the league?

Big brain

1 Like