The State of The Arsenal

This is the thing, people look at managers now through a technical/tactical lens. For some reason Allegri isn’t in that “cool” list of new technical managers. People forget that Being a manager is a lot more than just having a style of play, it’s about getting the best out of all your players, managing egos, boosting confidence and moral, making the most of the players at your disposal, promoting and using youth players at the right time, disciplining players and communicating and then translating your ideas on to the pitch etc… Arteta is ok at some of these but severely lacking in all the other aspects as is evident by his time here.

5 Likes

Allegri is very much a believer in finding a system that works best with what he has at his disposal. That’s why he constantly adjusted with Juventus over the years and the same with Milan and Cagliari before them.

Unfortunately like you said he’s not on these nerd lists because he probably doesn’t talk about training ground drones and he’s not a 35 year old prodigy from the Bundesliga.

6 Likes

Yeah. I can’t fathom how they could be unimpressed by his body of work but somehow be impressed by Emery and subsequently some ideas Arteta told them but have no evidence he could actually implement.

1 Like

This is true.

Good to see you back, Craig.

1 Like

Emery was a catastrophic hire, and Arteta isn’t looking much better. Which ever cunt passed up on Allegri needs the sack.

Realistically though the fact that they weren’t impressed with Allegri is probably completely bullshit. They weren’t impressed with the fact he’d command a substantial wage as one of Europe’s top profile managers. On top of that no real manager is going to take on the job without substantial backing and autonomy in the transfer market.

Once again we nickel and dime ourselves to death, and lose God knows how much more money by not competing in the real competitions.

4 Likes

For all this Allegri talk. It doesn’t really sound like he is the right fit. Not for Arsenal and for many other teams.
I’ve heard Fabrizio talk about him very often and he always says that he is not interested in these “rebuild projects”.

He wants a job that will offer him the chance to win the Champions League immediately. It really looks like he has his mind set to win that trophy. He doesn’t want to work with youngsters but moreso players in their prime.

I think he has been eyeing thst Madrid job but Florentino never went in for him. He also has some weird fixation on Isco and wants to build around him.

2 Likes

I really hope this season is the lowest I ever see Arsenal finish in the league but I somehow doubt it, everytime I think things can’t get worse for this club they somehow do.

6 Likes

Sack the CEO first. Then figure the rest out.

2 Likes

I always find it funny how many fans dismiss the EL as irrelevant, yet we haven’t won it and each time we get to the final we bottle it. Clubs like United or Chelsea walk this competition and have a right to moan about being in it.

We are right where we belong until we have won this fucking thing for once. We have zero business in CL.

3 Likes

You mean once? We’ve only got to the EL final once.

I know you’re still technically correct, but not sure we can say we bottle EL finals when we’ve only been in one.

Depends if you consider the UEFA the same cup or not.

1 Like

That does not fit my argument, so no I do not :smile:

3 Likes

Our squad is probably the second best in the EL so getting to the final would be the minimum requirement.
If we don’t do that, then it will have been a complete failure.

In the PL, it’s still possible we could finish bottom half, and we have had very few injuries this season.

It’s not as if we’ve been playing scintillating football either.
Our style of play is slow, cowardly and ineffective.

We are being regularly outplayed by teams that have very few players that would get into our first team and there are several clubs higher than us in the PL that are smaller financially and with far less resources.

For the first time in around a quarter of a century we might not be playing European football next season, as well as possibly finishing in the bottom half of the league with the lowest points, fewest goals scored, fewest wins, most defeats, most goals scored against and worst football played.
Spin your way out of that Arteta.

9 Likes

100% Spot on bro :+1:t4:

1 Like

The Arteta appointment embodies everything that is wrong with this club and we have seen the destruction take place in front of our eyes for the last 10 years. :frowning:

7 Likes

Having been an Arsenal fan for 35 odd years I’m genuinely struggling here.

Don’t like the owners, think the board are shit, completely unconvinced by the manager, annoyed by most of the players most of the time and think that a vast swathe of the Arsenal fanbase are complete dickheads.

Add to that the backdrop of no fans utterly destroying the spectacle of a match and I really can’t see what I’m left with.

Fuck this is depressing.

10 Likes

This has been my point for years about supporting Arsenal. Every bit of this is true there’s absolutely zero reason that a logical person should support an organization like this except for the blind devotion of being a fan of sports. When Arsenal fanatics start to admit this, they would get more respect. Issue is ppl want to act like the club is still respectable, which it’s not. It’s one of the scummiest clubs on the face of the planet tbh and it’s a shame it’s devolved from the family ownership of Hill-Wood and Bracewell Smith overseen by Dein, to this embarrassing cluster fuck it is today. It really is sad and from and outsider I’m racking by brain trying to come up with a justification of why I should support such a cunt club, such a fucking shame that the Arsenal name has been dragged through the mud like it has.

2 Likes

Exactly.

People continue to swallow the complete shite Goebbelog and the like spout for the Athletic.

Facts: we laid off a considerable amount of staff during a pandemic, including long-serving and highly successful scouts.

Then handed our captain a £300k a week contract and found big money for Kia clients like Willian and Cedric.

Real classy.

6 Likes

Plus Kroenke restructuring loans to buy Partey for 50m over the summer, but rip all the hard working ppl who are more a part of the club than any of these cunts up top making the decisions.

2 Likes

All this class stuff is just nonsense lol. Why do people keep drumming in a point about class?

Charged some of the highest season ticket prices in the world, had our classy board members negotiating with Usmanov. The same classy people got rid of the club to Kroenke.

And the same classy manager now works for the same body that’s long been corrupting football.

All this class stuff is just nonsense peddled by people who had nothing else to compliment our club for during the barren year.

“They’re a class club who play nice football”

Come on lol

9 Likes