The State of The Arsenal

Not sure why people care about the outside noises so much lol. Just concentrate on the football

1 Like

The state of Arsenal is shambolic. Top to bottom.

6 Likes

Ya know what u guys are right fuck it let the mega corporations run everything because the only thing that matters in this world is the bottom line. I welcome our new overlord Jeff Bezos :+1::+1::+1:

The Hill-Wood and Smith Bracewell families had stake in the club dating back to WWII first off, and if you read my post I specifically said devolved from the Dein days. This shit board has been doing stuff like this for years. No need to make it about Arsene like you did but I can debate u on the matter if you prefer because this isn’t an Arsene thing lmaooo.

1 Like

Bankers, politicians, and real-estate moguls, how that any different from what we have now?

Exactly, Only entity of class was Wenger and he engulfed the club around his personality so much that people started associating class with Arsenal.

But it was only Wenger.

I hope Wenger cleans up FIFA little by little.

1 Like

I mean their grandpa Samuel was overseeing the club during the Chapman years and pretty much the entire success of the club had been under their ownership. Ppl who actually take an ownership of the club and have a legacy within the club have a propensity to take a measure of pride in how it’s run, and the success on the pitch. Regardless of where their wealth comes from, I wouldn’t consider that a bad thing. We don’t have that currently, just some dood who doesn’t give a shit really.

I have to agree that Wenger was the last semblance of class we had at the club.

Even as the quintessential Frenchman, he had some English sophistication about him.

1 Like

Yet they had very few issues with selling their shares, not only that but Hill-Wood and Bracewell-Smith are big reason why Kroenke was able to buy the club.

Honestly it was because of David Dein that the club was made into the sleeping giant that it is today.

2 Likes

Yeah clearly Dein was the man that took us into the 21st Century but under those families we had seen success in the past as well. I feel like the common thread was maybe having an understanding of the English culture and game and why Arsenal are important to the locals. Anyways the money and lure of taking a pay day won over, which is once again going back to my initial point about the bottom line being the most important thing. I wish Arsenal supporters wouldnt just lay down and accept it, but seems they’ve resigned themselves to this based on the replies in here.

Hill Wood didn’t really have any shares to speak of by the time Kroenke came around. Dein, Bracewell Smith and Fiszmann were the major shareholders then with probably 60 odd percent between them. Other board members had small holdings too.

Bracewell Smith herself was married into the family, Fiszmann sold his shares as he lay dying and Dein sold his after he got booted out of the club for trying to make it relevant again.

I don’t blame any of them really. It’s just a shame who they got into bed with.

2 Likes

Dein was smart, he sold to Usmanov, think he had the foresight to know that Kroenke was cancer. The board are really some fucking cunts don’t give a shit about the club just wanna make money.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think that’s true. They were all independently wealthy without them shares. Some only had a few shares and those that had decent holdings either sold theirs as they were dying or after they had left the board.

We’ll never know if Fiszmann thought selling to Kroenke was the right thing but the 30% was getting triggered and I guess he didn’t want to put his family in the firing line as the ones who had to make the decision. It was a straight choice between Kroenke and Usmanov at that point and he was never gonna choose the latter, who almost certainly would have paid more money had it come to that.

1 Like

It’s interesting how at the time, almost everyone on the board and everyone owning Arsenal shares wanted to avoid Usmanov like the plague, except Dein. They somehow had an understanding that they would not allow the club to fall onto Usmanov’s hands. I think the reasoning was that people didn’t want Arsenal to become a billionaire’s toy, like Chelsea was. They also didn’t want to associate the brand with a Russian oligarch.

I wonder if they still have the same stance today. I mean the business philosophy, the sustainable way of running the club is certainly no longer in the picture. I don’t think Usmanov would have been worse an owner than Kroenke tbh. Usmanov would have been a lot less interested in the short-term profit so he would have injected more funds into the club I think, but that would have gone against Wenger’s way of managing the club.

4 Likes

Ask Any Chelsea fan if they mind Abramovic owning the club and bringing them successes since he took over. I think the majority will be favourable to it.

It’s all nice and dandy being about the proper way of running a club. However, we are not ran the proper way and we are on a continuous decline. Kroenke to me is as shitty as Usmanov could have been, the latter at least would have us compete more than we are now.

6 Likes

I was always pro Usmanov, money is money. Personally don’t believe anyone who has that much money has ever earned it with out being slightly dodgy. Usmanov is an actual football fan and if he had of taken over it’s likely Dein would of returned. Hundred percent he would have us competing with Chelsea and City.

6 Likes

I’d have taken Usmanov’s dirty, dirty blood money too. I stopped caring about being classy FFP cucks years ago. Only way to succeed in this league or the game anymore really seems to be financial doping in some form or other.

3 Likes

Sure is better than being not classy AND being losers.

2 Likes

I agree.
Chelsea were going broke and getting relegated, before Abramovich bought them, and they went on to become one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

There’s not a lot to choose morally between him, Kronke and Usmanov.
They’re all crooks and are horrible people so who cares which crook we have, as long as they want success for the club rather than just profit.

Anyone who thinks Kroenke is doing things “the Arsenal way,” which is one of the most ridiculous myths going, needs to remember that one of his main hobbies is hunting elephants and having a TV channel so we can all watch it.

He is a pathetic, cowardly excuse of a man.
It’s just a shame elephants don’t have guns because, in a fight between one of them and Kroenke, I know who I’d be rooting for and it wouldn’t be the one with the wig.

4 Likes

I didn’t know this. I already dislike this fraud wig cunt and now I downright have contempt for him.

It exactly confirms that no one of these crooks is clean as a whistle.

One more reason to stop fecking about and fire all these cunts and start over again.

1 Like