The State of The Arsenal

We have been let down by false image FA cups that have set us back years.

1 Like

Pretty much, Beverly Hill Billy goat herders that stumbled backwards into oil money.

1 Like

We’ve made the mistake of seeing them as progress which they obviously don’t represent given that we’ve declined at the same time that we’ve won many. Some people get angry when you make this point but it’s true. United sacked Van Gaal the same day he won an FA Cup and that shows the difference.

5 Likes

Still feeling confident about the Europa League? Fuck me we need to get rid of the poverty in this squad and management ASAP or we’re going nowhere

3 Likes

There is much less poverty in this team than most ppl want to admit. Partey is the perfect example, dood is balling at Atleti, but comes here and is reduced to a smoking heap of what he was less than a year ago. It’s all to do with coaching, not the quality of the players.

The biggest sign for me is the urgency or lack thereof that the team have. They play slow, aren’t committed, come in 2nd in duels far too often with less superior players. Arteta isn’t well respected and it’s evident. Gotta agree with @pepelapepe I think the players can see through his fake hard man act at this point, how can u respect a dood picking fights with teenagers and then watch him bend the rules for his homeboy. Top culture building that :clap::clap::+1::+1::joy::joy:

6 Likes

So got a bit of banter in work tonight off a few Liverpool, United and 2 Chelsea fans.
Asked a city fan why he didn’t join in. The reply was we don’t have any rivalry with Arsenal. :thinking:Then added for good measure it’s the same with Everton. Ffs. Levels or what .

1 Like

But to be clear, this squad is also badly assembled. Holding, new deal. Luiz, new deal last year and probably again this year. Elneny, probably new deal. These players aren’t good enough and the ones who are supposed to be good are becoming worse.

2 Likes

Like no one shines in this ‘system’. Maybe I overrated our squad. But no team is meant to look this bad collectively.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree it’s not a league winner on paper, but more than enough to dispatch of the likes of Slavia Prague and Olimpiakos ect. Also should be nowhere near 10th when top 4 is as open as its ever been. Again Luiz and even Willian aren’t as bad as Arteta makes them.

5 Likes

Josh Kroenke is very involved with the Denver Nuggets too. The difference between us and them is though is that Tim Connelly (current President of Basketball operations and former Nuggets GM) knows what he has been doing the past 10 years and Gazidis knows nothing about football and put us further back by hiring Sanllehi. Probably purely on the bases on him working for Barcelona. If he’d done his due diligence he knew they were shit on the market.

The Kroenke’s are not the problem. I think.

1 Like

Well they are part of the problem, because they have no idea who to appoint to set up proper off field structures etc.

6 Likes

Not sure about that. Or at least the jury is still out on that in my view. Gazidis and Wenger were here before them. Sanllehi (he gave us Edu, Emery and Arteta) are given to us by Gazidis.

However not taking a decision on Arteta is bad.

Yep. People keep talking down the quality of this squad but on paper;

Leno

Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney

Ceballos/Xhaka - Partey

Saka - ESR - Pepe

Aubameyang

Subs: Ryan, Cedric, Saliba, Chambers, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Lacazette, Balogun, Nketiah

Left out Ode because it’s a loan deal that we are never likely to be able to cash in on. Kept Ceballos in there because we had him for 2 years.

We’ve somehow managed to ship Saliba/Torreira/Guendouzi out who are infinitely better options than Holding, Mustafi (in Saliba’s case) and Elneny, Xhaka, Willock in the case of Torreira and Guendouzi.

Imagine we didn’t have such a poor manager. We’d be utilising the youthful potential of Martinelli, Saliba, Saka, ESR, Balogun and utilising the experience of Willian, Luiz to a greater degree.

With better squad management we’d have sold AMN for £20m, let Holding go to Newcastle, cashed in on Willock (who probably has a higher value himself now that he’s had a productive time at Newcastle). Instead, we’ve let AMN value decrease a little, extended Holding’s contract and let Lacazette enter the final 12 months of his contract where he holds little value.

3 Likes

Well let’s keep in mind we didn’t have Ødegaard and Emile Smith-Rowe available in those first 14 games where the damage on the table was inflicted. Partey available for like 2 or 3 full 90’s too.

1 Like

But we did have Ozil who could have occupied the same space ESR occupied but with greater quality. It’s not like ESR is better than Ozil and you’d also question his fitness too given he seems to be blowing after 3/4 of a game.

5 Likes

Losing 8 games in 14 is not just players being not available. That is shit management.

3 Likes

I was very critical of the decision to not use Ozil until January. Fair point

4 Likes

The Kroenkes are part of the problem because they are not wanting to admit these mistakes they are making

And stick with the wrong people for way too long.

Everyone makes bum hires. Chelsea do all the time. But they stop when it’s not working.

Even with legendary football players. Stop making everything worse and festering increased hatred and toxicity.

Do the right thing and sack the incompetents.

2 Likes

Arteta is a complete novice, but the players should take some blame too. Even if the manager sucks donkey testicles, you can still muster the pride and ambition to play better than what many of them are showing. Manager be damned.

In any case, I hope Arteta is gone end of this season, because it is looking like this is going nowhere and I really don’t like his favouritism and ruining our young talent.

4 Likes

Well if there was a clear formula for success in football it would be easy for everybody. I can see the logic behind most moves tbh. At points, most people were happy with Sanllehi’s work and his mentality too

I can understand the need for “stability” at the club considering the last 18 month.

2 Likes