The State of The Arsenal

How is Emery, a 4 time EL winner ,a failure?

Any team can beat anyone on any given day. Just like you saw Everton beat us.

Despite losing to Leicester the other day, Villa have been on top form since Emery took over.
Not sure why you think they’re not good. Check their form since Emery took over. Not very different to us and we’re the league leaders.

You shouldn’t underestimate them, especially with the short turnaround.

Villa were shit against Leicester and were lucky to get 2 goals.

They’re an unremarkable side and we always do well there.

2 Likes

That’s true but iirc he’s still playing the same high risk respectball he played when he was here. They haven’t looked particularly great but have put points on the board. We know how that ends.

If sitting on top of the table for more than half a season, and still worrying “a lot” of a just a decent Villa team, then we should worry for every single game, not just Villa.

Everton was a bad game for us, but is it too much to worry for a bad game but ignore all the good/great games we had played so far this season?

They actually gathered the second most. Still, respectball or not, they do get points.

They’ll have a full week to prep.
Just hope they actually trip City before we face them. :rofl:

We should worry about every game mate. There’s a reason the most boring saying in football is “game by game”.
In the PL, you can’t underestimate anyone.

I will not use the word “worry”, even my English is not good :slight_smile:

We should be serious, well prepared, fired up, and be ready for each game, but NOT worry.

Also I learnt a new word from my son’s hockey game.
A lot of times we are asking our kids to be aggressive in the game, but it just doesn’t sound good at all… aggressive (towards someone/something).
So here is the word, assertive.

Arsenal should be assertive all the time as well, and no need to worry

1 Like

Yeah mate but your going 3 games down the line.

4 Likes

“Respectful” is another term that fits. Some of us are a little surprised how well we’ve done this season. Everton, and Newcastle and even utd games are a reminder that they’re still developing this system, and there’s the age old headache of breaking teams down.

To end on a positive, arsenal are playing the best football in the league right now. They are surpassing a lot of expectations. They’re playing with such confidence, understanding and discipline that it’s easy to feel confident going in to every game. There’s just a lot of games left

Lmao we played ESR as a false 9 and played like shit but the basque boy still only beat us by 1 goal, in which the Arteta out’ers were desperate to say Emery masterminded a win.

Fearing a mid table club like it’s a guaranteed loss is a weird one, even if we do lose it’d be a complete shock in my book. Brentford are more concerning even at home.

Tbf, as optimistic as I have been about Arsenal and this group of players and manager before, I never expected that performance against Spurs so I should put more faith in the boys the next week.

They do have a knack for putting a big performance in the few occasions we lost this season

United loss → 3 goals and a clean sheet against Brentford away
PSV Eindhoven loss → 5 goals with Nelson replacing Saka and a clean sheet against Forest

I still have nightmares about that. Arsenal and Arteta were absolutely pathetic over 2 legs.

I’m glad that we’re enjoying football again now and that every defeat hurts rather than it being a numb “meh” feeling.

That Ceballos red. :man_facepalming:

Guy was on a mission to knock us out of the EL that season.

Gave away a goal against Olympiacos, gave away a goal against Benfica.

1 Like

He failed at Arsenal big time he’s got nothing to prove against us and he deserved the boot he wasn’t unfairly sacked. Unless you can see into the future I cannot see Villa being any different from any other team we’ve faced.
I recall they lost the Stevenage in the cup and I don’t even know where that is.
Do you shit yourself with every game we play? It’s not a dig btw just curious how you approach every game.

1 Like

I’m generally stressed out when an Arsenal match is ongoing but before matches I’ve only worried for a couple this season.

Man Utd (A) - First big march of the season
Brentford (A) - Seeing how we reacted to a loss
Wolves (A) - For whatever reason I felt this was gonna be a potential banana skin
Newcastle (H) - Really organized side, expected them to piss us off like they did
Spurs (A) - Awful record there, I was happy with a draw before the match

Tbf, despite if the results didn’t go our way in some of them, we performed well in all, except perhaps Wolves which was a very professional win.

State not as good now.

No bounce back, at home, against midtable team that concedes quite a lot of goals.

Even more tired down the wings, even less effective through the middle, same starting XI as always with little to no rotation. New guy Trossard made an impact, that’s good though, but February has begun, this is where squad depth, rotations/spreading the load and planning kicks in, we’ve obviously been shit at that from the start but we need to find a way to get through it, we’re a little past the half way mark of the marathon and we’re showing signs of fatigue, we need a second wind.

Brentford were nothing special but neither were we. Should have done them 3-0

We absolutely destroyed united in that 15 minute spell before our winner against them. It’s unclear what’s happened since but if we can do that to United we should be able to do it to Brentford. 1 from 6 is the worst run we’ve had all season. We need to make that 4 from 9 on Wednesday

1 Like

A city win tomorrow and then next against us and they’re on equal points as us.

Everton and Brentford were not the games to play like a turd

#throwingitaway

Reminiscent of that 3 game shit spell last season, losing to twats we never should’ve and actually being outplayed.