The State of The Arsenal

City (H) - L
Villa (A) - D (team down after the city loss and 3 shit results)
Leicester (A) - W
Everton (H) - W
Bmouth (H) - W
Fulham (A) - W (potential draw but gone win)
Palace (H) - W
Leeds (H) - W
Liverpool (A) - L
West Ham (A) - D
Southampton (H) - W
City (A) - D
Chelsea (H) - D
Newcastle (A) - D
Brighton (H) - W
Forest (A) - W
Wolves (H) - W

35 more points and end on 86 points

Actually reckon City end up on the same with 41 points from their remaining games. Wednesday is now huge, a win there changes everything drastically.

Pressure of the title race starting to affect some fans

I am calm…

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s the main question… What’s missing atm? The attitude, the commitment, the desire? Too much pressure, fear?

We had our ups and downs this season, but most of the time even when we were a bit scrappy we were able to put that pressure on when needed, pin the teams down and kill them with our relentless attacks.
Except for maybe 5 minutes today, we have seen none of that in these last two games and that’s the most worrying part.

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning the rivals aren’t just playing the Arsenal of the past decade. They’re playing the league leaders.

It isn’t just us not playing up to our usual standard.

Newcastle, Man Utd, Everton and Brentford matched us up when it came to intensity and going for duels.

1 Like

Think it’s a combination of our lack of rotation, the Jesus injury and inability to solve a low block all hitting at the same time.

We have looked completely out of ideas against both Everton and Brentford.

Trossard took his goal well but I still would like to see substitutes that do things a little differently rather than just fresh legs.

1 Like

Maddison scored today… wish we got him, and he could be handy for us

2 Likes

No room for him. We are contractually obliged to sign a Chelsea Reject every few years. I don’t make the rules.

2 Likes

This is the worst period we had since the start of 2021/22, but we had half of the team missing then…

This is worse than the games last season we played with Laca up front, Elneny in the middle…

What happened after the United game??

Can’t be that the team got tired, we didn’t have a busy period after the WC… I like to hear what Arteta thinks… Horrible to see the team in such a state atm.

It is actually our worse period since 2020.

1 Like

True, didn’t want to go that far in the past…

The team is simply empty in every possible aspect of the game.

Can’t believe this is the same team that won against United ans Spurs just weeks ago.

Never seen such a dramatic fall (at least regarding Arsenal), withouth a big number of injuries playing a part.

need jesus back desperately we need that spark but there is no knowing if he comes back and plays how he was before the injury. By the time he comes back we could be dead and buried.

Why do we think arteta won’t try martinelli up top? We had Emile and Reiss on the bench today…

I’d like to follow that up with - in light of recent performances, how should we prioritise Europe?

Fuck Europe. All about the league.

Play the U21s there.

Why not both

Honestly I think Trossard would offer something similar to Jesus albeit not to that level but the ball control and passing may open up play for the rest of the team in a similar way.

:pray: for a 5point lead when jesus returns any way matters.

1 Like

What I like the most about our current season and squad is the togetherness.

Getting rid of Aubameyang and Lacabaguette really improved the team cohesion and fighting spirit.

Even Xhaka is reborn this season.

Kinda agree with Tony Cascarino on not going toe-to-toe every game but rather finding another way of winning. The Villa game could have easily gone a different way if Bailey had scored before we got the 3rd.

In the last few games, we clearly haven’t had the same level of control as we had earlier in the season. Our press isn’t as effective and our build up play is slow and sloppy, which leads to turnovers in dangerous areas with players committed to the attack, resulting in the opposition creating/scoring chances. We are also not as clinical in front of goal (although I didn’t think we were very clinical to begin with). So why not change the tactics and adopt a bit more of a pragmatic approach. Don’t have to play every game at 100 miles an hour, with 75% possession, especially away from home.

Having said that, I don’t think Mikel will change anything. Who knows, maybe Saturday’s result and performance is exactly what this team needed to get back on track, and play like they were playing a few weeks back.

I get the sentiment but Saturday was a result only game.
Team was never just going to flick a switch after 4 poor games.
Our problem in most of them games has been a slow start and that in turn has lead to a few players off it not settling and skewed our gameplan.
The win and celebrations on Saturday has lifted the doubt now and you hope think we reignite the pre FA cup form again.
You can’t measure how much this should make Arteta training this week.

Leicester on Saturday I think we see the team on the front foot early.

4 Likes