The State of The Arsenal

We do better when you’re worried so keep being worried. :rofl:

I remember the good old days when we’d lose and then pundits would say something along the lines of “I worry about their next opponent because Arsenal are due a performance”.

Need a reaction against Brentford. The fans at home will give us another 20%.

The state of the Arsenal is still fucking phenomenal right now. I may reassess if we put in a lacklustre performance on Saturday though

Going into a big 10 days for our football club
Need to get back to winning ways this weekend with a lovely, well received Saturday 3pm kick off.

Then next Wednesday is huge. We need to show our strengths and prove we are better than City at this moment in time with a win and good performance.

Ends with an away trip to Villa with Emery in charge, who would love to get one over on us after how it finished when he was with us.

9 points
Nothing less.

3 Likes

We get 9 points in those that would be a massive statement.
Reckon it’ll be 2 points personally.
Draw Brentford, Draw City, Loss Villa.

Reverse psychology doesn’t work this season

1 Like

Tbh, I genuinely can’t see us beating Villa.
That’s Emery’s moment to dump on us like he did with Villarreal, expect a masterclass from him that day.

I think the big difference this season is that we have more often than not played football that could beat all three of those teams.

We’re top of the league not at the bottom, we’ve beaten Liverpool Chelsea spurs and Man Utd. We had an off day against Everton that’s all, you’ll make yourself ill with such defeatist talk🤷‍♂️

7 Likes

Plus City are struggling around the edges.

GC speaking a loss against villa into existence. Get that crap outta here mate, we’ll blow Unai and his boys back to Benidorm.

7 points from the 9 let’s go.

3 Likes

Hope so. That 0-1 win there last season was far too close for my liking.

Didn’t Leno pull off a great save in the dying seconds? Stress stuff.

He’ll be telling us Douglas Luiz will score a hat trick next

Villa just lost 2-4 at home to fucking Leicester, we should absolutely be doing them.

Of course the Unai Emery vengeance plotline is a worry but whatever, we should smash them.

2 Likes

Appreciate the positivity but next week has a loss against Villa written all over.

If we really do get 9 points out of 3 very tricky games in 7 days then you may as well hand us the PL already.

1 Like

Have you seen where Brentford and Villa are in the table compared to us, if you can’t be positive at this stage you’ll never be, yet in another thread you said Gabriel and Saliba are the best CB partnership in the league. They can’t be that good if they’re gonna concede goals against these two teams, Villa are sitting on minus GD.

2 Likes

We did just lose to Everton mate.
Villa will be up for it that game. This is the game of the season for Unai. Nothing else matters.
Our of every cup, comfortably safe from relegation and tough to compete for a Top 6 spot now.

Losing to Everton was a one off compared to the rest of the games we’ve played so far, how do you know Villa will be up for it? It’s not a derby nor are they rivals they just lost at home to a shit Leicester side.
You said the other day Arsenal and Napoli were probably the 2 best sides in Europe right now.
We’ll lose to Villa but draw against City??
Looking at current form and the table I just think you’re having a bad day to be making pessimistic comments right now

Sorry but you’re pulling that out of where? Unai doesn’t have a vendetta against us, that was clear when we faced his team in the EL. He will want to win, sure, but he won’t be firing his players up any given Sunday style beforehand.

1 Like

Nah man, I’ve been dreading this match against Villa since Emery took over.
I think Villa gathered the most points in the league since he took over.
That’s an impressive turnaround for them as well. A lot to do with their position in the table now has to do with Gerrard having them somehow flirt with relegation early on before they took over.

I wouldn’t sleep on them. We get 9 points in 3 games within a week that’d be extremely impressive.

You’ve been dreading this match for no apparent reason that a manager who was a complete failure is up against us. If you think Villa are a threat then you really aren’t going to enjoy the rest of the season. Why did you make the comment about Arsenal being a top club in Europe right now?