The State of The Arsenal

We should be really locking down our main boys to big contracts. No more Wenger style cheap skating.

5 Likes

I would physically assault my client to prevent them from signing a contract when there’s maybe a 50-50 chance the season ends with a league title. That’s bonkers. I’d be negotiating on their behalf from a way stronger position this summer if Arsenal win the title.

1 Like

IT WAS GAZIDIS FAULT !

1 Like

Yep, I wouldn’t sign shit right now if I were any of them, even if I had literally no intention of ever leaving the club.

That bald fraud doesn’t get nearly enough blame for how the club drifted badly. He was absolutely awful in his position, made a shit load of bad decisions and then, having learned some valuable lessons about how to not run a club, promptly jumped ship to Milan.

2 Likes

Arsenal really driving allot of pundits, opposition fans and management crazy.

4 Likes

What bad decisions is it you think Gazidis made?

I think he was behind StatDNA which just did not work. It gave us Mustafi and Lucas Perez.

I also think the “structure” he tried to build also didn’t work. It’s fine on paper to say “Oh well have Sven do scouting and Raul do bribery based recruitment and Arsene will coach the team” but like that entire structure collapsed basically immediately.

He also talked a lot of nonsense in the press, pursued a strategy of trying to brute force UCL qualification through some older player signings which culminated in Edu having to pay off a lot of guys to leave.

He even seemed to realize his approach was ridiculous because when Elliot took over Milan and Gazidis jumped ship he did basically the exact opposite by recruiting young, promising players and supplementing them with some older guys.

2 Likes

Pay wall :person_facepalming:

12ft will help you

1 Like

How the fuck have I never heard of this, I’ve been missing out. Thanks :ok_hand:

19 games

• Top of the league
  • 50 POINTS
  • 5 points ahead of City with a game in hand
  • Ended title talks from United & Tottenham
  • more than 20 points ahead of Liverpool & Chelsea
7 Likes

We have a better point tally than in the invincibles season.

#promising

2 Likes

All the lads avoided the 5th yellow too today!

13 Likes

Not a bad place to be in after 19 games is it lol.

Surely this is no more than 1 or 2 points of the best first half of a season by any team in PL history?

We’ve beaten Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Spurs (x2) in the opening 19 games of the season.

4 Likes

We also played United & Tottenham twice in the first 19 games.
The next 19 games will have 1 big game less.

1 Like

Incredible to think last season was our worst start ever in Arsenal’s history and now we are at Arsenal’s best ever PL start to a season

5 Likes

Probably Liverpool and City in the last 4/5 seasons did this a couple of times too, but other than very few teams have done this. This is huge. I don’t think we even realise how.

3 Likes

During the dark days of Arteta’s first full season, just wanted the team to show a pulse.

Then, get some wins.

Now, the team is winning and playing some really great football to boot. Crazy how fast things can change with a few astute signings and then younger guys coming into their own.

Don’t wake me if I’m dreaming.

2 Likes