The State of The Arsenal

The copium from guys like Le Grove and Gunnerblog is embarrassing. Going from gassing Mudryk up to clowning Chelsea for signing a guy with fewer than 50 top flight appearances.

1 Like

I have noticed actually that the general reaction was to clown Chelsea yesterday. Even Chelsea fans themselves went with it.

Not much was talked about when Arsenal was going this big for him. There were some murmurs from some Arsenal fans but most neutrals praised the move. :rofl:

It says a lot about perception really. Chelsea is seen as a clown show now so whatever they do is seen as dumb whereas Arsenal are seen as the model club now with a strategy so whatever they do makes sense.

Funny to think that considering the reaction to our summer window in 2021.

League double against Spurs.
First win in their bowl.
No penalty for Kane

8 points ahead of City.

5 Likes

Fuck spurs fuck Chelsea London is only one colour and that’s RED

2 Likes

Is anyone still upset about missing out on Mudryk? I certainly hope not.

2 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

What’s crazy to me is that people in the media have spent the entire first half of the season talking about when United/Chelsea/Spurs/Pool settle or find their gear and more or less saying we will fall off.

No one has talked about how we might actually get even better as the season goes on. We’re a young side with young ideas and a couple of fresh, important components that have only came in during the summer.

That performance today in the first half was another level. It was not only the best I’ve seen us play all season but the best football I’ve watched in the league all season.

There’s no reason to think we can’t improve on what we’ve already shown. We have another level and we showed that today.

Also City invested in the wrong Norwegian

12 Likes

Double over Spurs, wins over Liverpool and Chelsea, fantastic football, incredible goals.

We are being seriously treated this season.

2 Likes

It really was amazing how we made Tottenham look like an amateur team

This is very reminiscent of 2015/16 when there was a title charge out there and Leicester took full advantage.

We have to take full advantage. We simply have to. Winning one title now will set us up as an attractive proposition for players for a good five years or so.

3 Likes

We won all 6 London derbies so far

1 Like

I was wondering/can’t remember if there was an official race for the title thread this season?

But looking at our run in chunks, after the world cup we were faced with a fixture list of Brighton away, Newcastle, Spurs away, all without Jesus.

We’ve obtained 7 out of 9 points, plus the West Ham win at the beginning. We’re maintaining that high point conversion total and it’s amazing to see

2 Likes

Stars are aligning. If we can get points off our City games and against United at home.

Then it’s ours to lose

1 Like

More or less halfway through the season now. We have played everyone except City and have wins over Liverpool, Chelsea away, Spurs x2. We have only dropped points in 3 games, and we were the better side in all of those games.

So far we have shown a bit of everything; an excellent level of general play, character to fight back and win games, some shithousery and nastiness where required and we are scoring goals and not conceding many (2nd top in both goals scored and conceded).

There really can’t be any questions now, we are genuinely title contenders.

Personally I feel different about this team than some of the would-be contender sides of the later Wenger era.

This team now is well-balanced, doesn’t seem to have that same soft underbelly and seems more capable of breaking teams down and getting results in important games.

It just solidifies why we need to make sure we invest in the squad during this window as opportunities like this don’t come along every season and we need to take advantage. The financial payoff of winning the league and making CL alongside the huge reputational boost we will get really will make spme investment worth it. Get it done Edu and co!

4 Likes

After the United game we’ve got a rather favourable Feb / March on paper ( City game aside) we really need to make that count.

11 Likes

3 Likes

It’s that City had a couple of those seasons where they only lost one game or had three/four draws and one loss in the second half of seasons, otherwise I’d say this is getting into you can’t give it away territory… Eight points clear is huge.

3 Likes

The cushion is big enough for us to slip a bit, even for both City games

1 Like

If I had to point the disappointment in what has been a stellar first half of the season it would be…

Despite flying high top of the league we’ve been unable to turn that into making a splash in the January window so far at a time we should look our most attractive…

We also haven’t yet managed to convince any of the star studded trio Saka, Saliba and Martinelli to long term deals as of yet.

1 Like