The State of The Arsenal

Where’s @BigWeng_4LYFE…best football we’ve played in years #artetaout

Is impressive

Fucking

Impressive

4 Likes

It’s nice to open up with 2 away wins and 3 straight wins for the season. Away form has been out kryptonite at times over the last half decade so it’s nice to us winning well away from home.

We’ve had a very favourable opening 3 games but we’ve won every single won of them and looked like deserved winners too.

1 Like

State of Arsenal

4 Likes

Just can’t help but feel that we really need to make at least one more key signing, but ideally two. With a fully fit first team, we look excellent and that was actually the case at times last season too.

Feels like we are very close now and that winger and midfield signing would have us looking scary.

I was actually quite impressed with our depth today. To be able to bring on Tomi, Tierney, Eddie and ESR as well as Vieira not even being used is quite decent. Another two guys in and we are in a great spot.

8 Likes

That goal difference puts my head at ease

That’s particularly where we are seeing the difference, imo. Last season we could have taken the same number of points, its not infeasible, but it’s pretty likely you’d be looking at a +3 or +4 GD, rather than +7

Absolutely agree with all of this.

3 Likes

Honestly this is the best I’ve felt about us in so long.

We’re playing such good football i just hope it lasts. Main thing is all about swuad depth now

1 Like

It’s obviously still early days and I’m rolling some of the bits I saw of preseason into this too, but something just feels right about almost everything in this team every time it plays.

In that sense it feels a bit like it did in 07/08. The lesson of that season that should always linger is never be 2 injuries away from total collapse which I think we may still be, but if you can keep your best boys fit I don’t see any point in not having high hopes.

2 Likes

I want all wins leading up to Liverpool at home

Big difference as well is we cut out our “star players” and the team looks much more cohesive. And giving a damn.

Individual big name players can be so toxic to a club and team balance of things don’t go their way. And it rubs off.

1 Like

8 Likes
8 Likes

It’s fantastic to see the development and stuff but it’s so important to remain grounded and remember we are 3 games into a long long and very congested season. This start can only be maintained if we add more depth to our squad and can avoid major injuries.

We basically need Liverpool like injury luck when they had that spell of no major injuries if we are to have a really good season

10 Likes

It’s nice reading but I would add on a 3 game measurement, factor’s on team you play and tactics you choose or adapt on opposition need too be given some context.
Not to dismiss though the positivity on stats or eye test either.

3 Likes

Its important you shut the fuck you killjoy

10 Likes

I’ll be kneejerking when we lose 2 in a row so I think it’s only fair to also go completely over the top when we’re top of the league.

6 Likes

Right what thread did this used to be before the rename?

1 Like

State of…

1 Like

I’m not happy with all these thread renamings

5 Likes