The State of The Arsenal

1 Like

Someone changed this thread title to bait me and I don’t think it was Bl1nk

1 Like

:henry2:

I can’t believe people care about thread titles so much lol

One too many words were removed so I fixed that.

2 Likes

Having a “The Arsenal” thread in “The Arsenal” category is terrible IMO.

“State of” was an important bit. Now it’s just way too general and it could get spammed with anything Arsenal related

4 Likes

I prefer “The Arse”—gives posters more opportunities to be creative.

1 Like

This thread started out in the Emery era I believe? Only fair that now things look brighter we can continue posting here about the state of the Arsenal being… brighter than before :arteta2:

It’s funny seeing rival fans get rattled. “Well of course Arsenal are top, they have had easy games.”

Chelsea got battered by Leeds. Man United got smashed by Brentford and lost to Brighton. Liverpool could only manage a draw against Fulham.

It’s not as simple as “they should be winning these games”. Football isn’t played on paper and sometimes, as noted above, the “big” team doesn’t get their way.

The “state” of Arsenal is a good one.

8 Likes

Tell us it’s going to be a tough game, and then when we win it’s an easy game.

8 Likes

It’s “just” Palace.

Ha yeah. Palace away will be tough. Bournemouth away is a banana skin, and so on.

2 Likes

Bournemouth was nothing to worry about on paper. I don’t think anyone gave them a chance.

Leicester and Palace not so much. I guess you could argue Leicester are in a bit of a state right now so it’s a good time to play them, but they still scored twice.

But still, in previous years I’m sure we’d have fucked one of these games up somehow. These are all good wins.

2 Likes

Palace have already proven/are proving that they are a tough opponent against the bigger teams, and our game against them was away.

And like the examples you’ve given @Phoebica there are really no easy or given, games in this league. Anyone willing to drag Arsenal is ignoring reality to make themselves feel better, so I’m super chilled about it tbh

4 Likes

Away at Palace was a huge win.

7 Likes

To be fair most comments I read on red cafe acknowledge that we are off to a very good start. And they see us solid contenders for Top 4.

Yeah was massive.

Had Gary Neville salivating in the commentary box, diligently nursing a semi at the prospect of us losing on the opening night. The cunt was absolutely willing the loss to happen, in fact the whole Sky studio was asking fer it and dyin fer it.

Sky saw that game in the first round of fixtures and they knew instantly - that’s our Friday night game. That’s what we’ll kick the season off with because the “upset” will create a social media hurricane. Arsenal fans in the mud LOLLLL

But we won and so the narrative is that Vieira didn’t have a full preseason with his players bla bla bla. Opposing fans playing the win down.

Zaha has been on absolute FIRE the first few games. White struggled at times against him but as a team we did excellently to contain him.

We’re top of the league and Lord knows how long that will last. I’m enjoying it fully right now. Winding up mates in the pub and group chat with actual live ammunition for once.

Glorious.

9 Likes

I actually think Zaha basically gave White no problems. I think he pretty much let him do what he does but never let him get into really dangerous positions. He stood off him at times but I think that had everything to do with just being more focused on containing his thread more than just going in and tackling him every time he had the ball.

We let Palace play that long ball from Andersen all night which looked fantastic to the eye but on paper didn’t really accomplish anything. Think everything about how we had White deal with Zaha was near perfect.

6 Likes

I mean if we continue like this we’re going to have to get used to the coverage being desperate for us to hit the rocks, and the predictions of our downfall to go through the roof and get ever more ridiculous.

However, I’m not sure I see it as bias as such, it’s just outraged Arsenal fans give these companies such traction with clicks, engagement and retweets through the roof.

It used to be the same when we in the prime Wenger years except it just used to be about selling newspapers.

1 Like

Agreed. Tomiyasu isn’t benching Ben White at right back at the moment.
I am intrigued in seeing Tomiyasu at CB in the Cup games/Europa . Think he will play CB in europa with cedric at RB.