Scum

I think there are more wider questions to be asked about Arsenal’s direction and their ambition (compared to Spurs), but that’s gonna sound reactionary right now after tonight’s disgusting result

We’ve played Man City twice and they haven’t.

Except they already won a game vs Man City. They will lose vs City but they still got 3 points where we got 0.

5 Likes

Turned the game off after Spurs equalised and didn’t even realize they actually won until now. Harvey Barnes will be kicking himself for not passing to a wide open Lookman about 5 minutes earlier.

3 Likes

So when they play City at the Etihad they’ll drop points, no?

We’re in January and we’ve barely played a Premier League game in a month. I just don’t get the doom and gloom. Where’s it coming from?

5 Likes

I think it’s probably down to this…

Lots of harping on about the Arteta process and improvement after just over 2 years at the helm, yet Spurs had Nuno for 10 league games and are still above us with a game in hand at Jan 20.

1 Like

This is it for me, want to get out of this cryo-sleep mode and get back to playing our own games. Hate watching our rivals and expecting them to do our job for us

1 Like

They are likely to finish above us for yet another season because they have a top European manager.

People go on about how brilliant Arteta is, but it’s absolutely clear that after two seasons and spending 200m, he isn’t as good as Conte.

3 Likes

Spurs have played 9 games since Conte has taken over. Their record is good gaining 6 wins, 3 draws, and 0 losses. 8 of those 9 games were against teams in the bottom half of the table. Relax.

They’re clearly better under Conte than they were under Nuno. There’s no doubt, but the fixture list has been kind to Conte. We’ll find out how good they are in the 6 or 7 fixtures that coming. The result against Leicester is annoying, but Leicester clearly kicked themselves in the bollocks. Going into doom and gloom is OTT. As long as we handle our business both on and off the pitch, I’m comfortable.

7 Likes

They have a lot of away games left. There is going to be a lot of up and downs along the way. Top 4 is a place for teams who dont do real consistency.
Nobodys going on any mad runs here. Just got to strap in for the ride. This window still edges it for me if anyone moves.

2 Likes

Nothing is certain yet.

This. 100%

1 Like

Our recent good run was against similar opposition but the two games before that we lost to Everton and Man U.

They were in a mess when Conte took over and he has spent no money yet has overtaken us.

1 Like

we have a better schedule from here than they do, but they are likely our #1 threat, with whu and ManU behind. feel pretty good about our chances and I’m not at all convinced by arteta. there will be a LOW points total in 4th this year

1 Like

If anything we’re evenly matched hence our position in the table with a mere point between the two teams. There’s little to suggest that they’re better than us. It’s going to go down to the wire.

7 Likes

not to mention there team is the same and they know how to play with each other but we have had an infux of new players that needed time to gel. It is not as simple as ‘oh they are better/worse because of XYZ’ there are a lot of factors.

I agree it will be close but my point is that Conte is by far the better manager which might give them the edge.

1 Like

Or, it might not.

2 Likes

have all games been resched and espn is just behind?

They might have the Edge but they still havent found what their looking for.

4 Likes