The Relationship/Wedding Thread

Did you exhaust Covid as an excuse?

I half heartedly used it saying that booking a venue within the next two years would be impossible

I exhausted it but my lady is okay with court marriage

1 Like

Was she OK, though?

8 Likes

It was @Cristo crying

16 Likes

I had a relationship deteriorate due to this. Never popped the question even tho she was waiting for me to. Was far too young and not ready but she wanted to get married anyways lol. Timing matters.

3 Likes

Yikes, that convo is never easy.

If you live with her and you are both really established in each other’s lives, then marriage isn’t a huge step up. It’s a fairly natural progression for most folks.

But marriage is definitely something you work up to. If it’s too big a leap then that’s where you get problems. And if you think it’s too soon but she doesn’t, you need to find a compromise with one another. If you got married too quick, you’ll be resentful. If you delay it for too long, then she’ll become resentful.

You’ll have to find some middle ground because she ain’t forgetting that conversation, that’s for damn sure

2 Likes

Ah i’m 1 in 60 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You may be 1 but 60 is an undervaluation

Nobody, regardless of gender should be guilt tripped into marriage, doesn’t matter if you’re living together or whatever, should be a fully mutual thing.

Had it previously where the other person was overly keen, don’t have that problem anymore :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably right to be fair. I would never pay money to watch a female comedian.

Not the reaction I expected.

1 Like

What was you expecting?

This

7 Likes

I am confusion

2 Likes

Hi Confusion

2 Likes

So I’ve got a workmate that’s been married for 25 years and his wife has just left him.

They’ve got a property that’s worth 1.1 mill or so and still have a mortgage of about 400k. The wife’s father has recently passed away and they’d be receiving around 700k inheritance. They’ve got 2 children who are now 19 and 16.

Question I ask is, my workmate is going to ask if he can keep the house and her won’t touch any of her father’s inheritance money. Do you people think that’s fair ? I personally do.

The other outcome is they pay heaps in lawyer and court fees, go through the stress etc.

2 Likes

He has no claims on her father’s inheritance.
She does have a claim on the house especially if she contributed.

If she agrees to it, that dude is lucky

9 Likes

If 700k means she gets a bigger and better house, it’s perfectly fair.

1 Like

Does he or doesn’t he ? To me I would have thought if you were married someone and won some lottery money eg, the person you were married to would be entitled to some even if you then decided you want to leave ? Although I’m no expert on this shit hence I asked the question.

If he isn’t entitled to any of it legally then absolutely he’ll be lucky as fuck if she agrees to it.