The randomly nothing thread

Netflix one to keep an eye on. Cracking down on account sharing, which will no doubt lead to a mass exodus.

Why will it? Most people who share their password probably donā€™t charge the people theyā€™re giving their password to. So if theyā€™re unable to do that any more, then they lose nothing :woman_shrugging:

Or they pay for a subscription like the rest of us!

Families that share, people that might split the cost between them etc

Thereā€™s also better alternatives out there now, more competition, so quite a few will most likely see it as a perfect time to unsubscribe.

You can share with people in your household though.

And sure you might have a small minority of people splitting the cost with people outside their home, but I doubt itā€™s many. My Netflix is logged in on my mumā€™s TV for example, I certainly donā€™t call her asking her for Ā£3.50 every month.

If Iā€™ve got it right, the different IP address at your mumā€™s would mean youā€™d have to pay extra to use it there.

Netflix is definitely going to have a drop off in subscribers numbers, they did in Spain where the operation started early 2023.

https://cybernews.com/news/netflix-spain-cancel-password-crackdown/

There are platforms that offer a split service where one personā€™s account and sub fee is shared with others (not necessarily family and friends), so I reckon the drop off will continue, will see if itā€™s only marginal at the end of day,

Jeez, thatā€™s a lot of revenue every month that theyā€™ve lost out there if those figures in the article are correct. Be interesting to see the drop off for the second half of this year.

Yeah, I mean, I think the subscribers will go down anyway. Like you said there are alternatives out there and not as many people are interested in the products Netflix have to offer at the moment. They have just added all the Harry Potter films and things like Queen Charlotte are pretty popular I guess. But whether itā€™s enough :woman_shrugging:

https://twitter.com/misslarrydavid_/status/1661766315911131138?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

I would never go back to that gym again :joy:

1 Like

That football.london website is the worst site known to man. Pop-ups, autoplay videos, lots of scrolling past adverts and a generally slow loading time that ends up glitching forcing you to go through the whole process again when the site crashes.

3 Likes

Itā€™s that whole company. Reach. They do Mirror, Express, OK etc. I used to work for them, but on the print side rather than online side, but I know the digital teams there get complaints regularly. I even know someone who quit her job as an online reporter there purely because she hated the constant pop ups, she felt they tarnished her work. Which is true I guess. The stories are too hard to read, so I never bother and Iā€™m obviously not alone. But the company only care about the clicks.

2 Likes

Surely youā€™d prefer to keep people on your website once youā€™ve lured them in with the clickbait.

Horrific.

If you have an iPhone press show reader and it usually turns it readable

1 Like

The Independent has entered the chat

4 Likes

:eyes:

https://twitter.com/katiehind/status/1662149523081248792?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA

https://twitter.com/eamonnholmes/status/1662173477732769794?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA

1 Like

him controlling or taking advantage of his position over young people.

Something rotten was going on in the Schofield when he was going up

Gordon the Gopher? Not been seen for years.

1 Like

I honestly thought his relationship with the young runner was confirmed fact already, seems it was just the worst kept secret going.

Would like to see some of the stuff flying around social media be verified, but if the timelines spoken about are true, this very much looks like a case of grooming.

Eamonn Holmes sounds like heā€™s known about it for some time, interesting that he only has come out with such a damning indictment now. Almost as if it perhaps didnā€™t suit him to say anything sooner?

Iā€™ve been deep into work recently so have missed all of this.

Is this why Holly and Phil have ā€œbroken upā€??

Basically heā€™s always been gay, had an agreement with his wife, tabloids were gonna out him so he outed himself and everyone loved him for it but then it turns out that heā€™s actually been shagging 16-18 year old boys and people arenā€™t keen on that so now heā€™s finally been sacked by ITV??

Is that the gist of it?