The randomly nothing thread

:santi:

1 Like

Pretty much, though I believe he has quit, rather than been fired. But that could be him ā€œquittingā€, ie being allowed to save a tiny bit of face and go quietly (well, more quietly than if he were fired, nothing about this departure is quiet lol)

1 Like

Ahhh gotcha - jump before youā€™re pushed.

But why are they making him leave now when all of this stuff came out like 18 months ago?

Iā€™m not sure I follow why Schofield is being cancelled over this, like itā€™s not good behaviour but does his career really need to be scuppered?

1 Like

Well he lied to everyone and abused a position of trust. He was a mentor to young people and abused that position.

1 Like

Can we call it Schofieldgate? Just so ā€œfieldā€ and ā€œgateā€ are together

2 Likes

Right, but when I saw this getting plastered across the news I thought this lad must have been underage or something.

The word ā€œabusedā€ in the context of this situation doesnā€™t seem to fit it - he hasnā€™t ā€œabusedā€ anyone has he? I get the point about the position of trust but workplace relationships happen in many places between consenting adults and sometimes they donā€™t disclose it to their colleagues or employers. Iā€™m not sure that in and of itself is career ending.

Not being under the legal age does not mean itā€™s ok. You can still be groomed if youā€™re over 16. And if reports are to be believed they actually met when he was a child - though a relationship did not happen until he was of legal age.

Ok, thatā€™s worse. I couldnā€™t understand where the next level outrage was coming from but that answered it.

Yeah, he apparently met the kid at 10 or 12, added him on socials at 15, sorted him a job at 17/18 and then they had a sexual relationship.

This is what Iā€™ve read on socials etc though so wanna see some confirmation before assuming thatā€™s all fact.

Might help if the young man speaks out, though if I were him Iā€™d be going full ghost mode for a few years.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve missed most of this over the last week, but I thought the ā€˜relationshipā€™ between the two was known ages ago or is that not the case? The story seems to have moved very quickly to grooming in which case ITV have surely got a lot to answer for. I assume the young man hasnā€™t come out and said anything yet? If he hasnā€™t I hate to think how the press are going to behave towards him.

This video came up on my feed on YouTube. America arenā€™t even on the graph :joy::skull:

You do have them right?

If orange is paid vacation, blue is paid holiday, what is yellow?

What is the difference between vacation and holiday?

I am confused.

2 Likes

Most Americans get about 10 days a year.

Some up to about 15-20 when theyā€™re more senior and have been at the company for a long time

1 Like

I took it as bank holidays? Maybe I am wrong tho haha

Yea same, think itā€™s bank holidays and the yellow is just some shite graphics work

2 Likes

Where are the mini-retirements option on this graph?

10 Likes

I thought vacation and holiday were synonyms, American English vs Actual English. I had no idea that the US used both terms to mean subtly different things.

Its odd, cos Norway is entirely orange, no yellow at all, as is New Zealand and a few other countries. Then other countries have varying amounts of orange vs yellow. France is a fairly even split orange vs yellow, whereas Belgium through to Netherlands have barely any orange and a lot of yellow. Thatā€™s very inconsistent design,which makes me think it must denote something.

@Calum Iā€™m gonna have to watch this video I think lol

2 Likes

not sure I understand the graph either. Swe has 25 days of paid vac by law (assuming youā€™ve worked for a year which should be what matters anyway) just like Norway (I have lived and worked in both countries).

The paid holidays being Christmas and similar looks correct or so, they usually add up to some 5-10 days per year (just out of my arse) depending on how many of them fall on weekends.