The randomly nothing thread

I suppose it depends what levels you are playing on and how you utilise your talent, I’m classically trained so have gone through whatever I could as it’s unbelievably competitive, but it’s all I know so sacrifices have been made obviously. Orchestral work isn’t well paid but secure, every musician I know has taught at some stage or gone on to do theatre work.
But digital royalties are tiny compared to physical recordings cheques.

Got to love missing out on the cold throughout 2022 then getting it the very first month of 2023. :joy:

Had the exact same issue in North London too. I sold some clothes on vinted, went to an in post locker and just couldn’t find a free one. So I ended up just contacting the buyer and apologising and letting them know I can’t send the item. I refused to travel to another side of London just to post something.

1 Like

Also had the same issue with inpost lockers in Southend, however I just waited a day til a locker was freed up. Just gotta move quickly once one is clesr after the item is picked up, which they are pretty regularly.

This is the link for it

Done it as I was curious on what it would be tbf :joy:

Looks like I better get the pom poms out

1 Like

I thought it was only now that I didn’t know chart music, but it turns out in 2012 I was out of touch too.

Edit: just listened to the no1, and yeah I do know it, they play it towards the end of the night in London bars, at like 3am.

Impressive.

2 Likes

but why do this to a deodorant can?

So the algorithm throws this article my way, and I scroll on by before doing a double take, scrolling back up and thinking that the woman in the thumbnail looks awfully familiar.

After pondering it for about a minute, I think I’ve worked out exactly where I recognise her from, and after a bit of internet detective work, I manage to find a meme/post from years ago

Honestly, my wife can ask me to buy three items from the shop and in the two minutes it takes me to get there I’ll have forgotten the third item ever even existed, but my brain can remember seeing some run of the mill Karen-based reddit shitpost from 5 fucking years ago :joy:

9 Likes

The amount of bollockings I’ve had for doing the exact same thing is incredible haha.

1 Like

My favourite story of the day

4 Likes

I’ve implemented a system where I get it as a list. Otherwise it’s not my fault if I forget the third item.

1 Like

Makes sense if he has never had a bit of her jam.

If I returned from a trip and my chicken nuggies and alphabetti spaghetti supplies were depleted I’d instantly know that my wife had a bit on the side.

1 Like

Went out in Camden for the first time last night for a friends leaving do. Had a great time in Blue Kitchen and then went to Jazz Cafe (which didn’t have much to do with Jazz) until 3am.

Fun time but fuck me Camden is sketch at that time of night, felt like an episode of Top Boy.

Took an hour to get home on the night bus as well, fuck that.

3 Likes

It’s always been dodgy to be fair.

Pretty mad that you have regents park around the corner from it, with the massive white town houses and well to do residents and right around the corner, you have hostels housing people with massive drug addictions and mental health problems.

Apart from that, I do like visiting it once in a while :smile:

1 Like

The head gave himself a nice bonus though.

From test and trace fame. Great resume. What a speccy cunt he is

2 Likes

I really need to anticipate what the next craze for this is gonna be and just rinse these morons for everything.

In comparison, I’m in Hammersmith today/tonight. It’s definitely got classier since I was last here.

1 Like

Camden is chaos and I’ve never liked it lol. Everyone used to go out there but I never took to it. I always preferred Shoreditch whenever I do go out.

It’s so weird though I absolutely hate the whole area. Was there in November (it’s literally 10 mins away from me) and it was just as shit as I remember a night out there being like 6-7 years ago. In fact it’s probably even worse lol

1 Like

Happy Burns day everyone!