The randomly nothing thread

I’ve met this bloke more than once. He’s about as funny as being slowly disemboweled.

2 Likes

Surely you would just say that seems like a you problem to your soon to be ex employer and just go on your holiday lol. What they gonna do :joy::joy:

1 Like

If they haven’t actually accrued the annual leave they’re taking the form may have asked to extend as otherwise they wouldn’t be entitled to the holiday pay.

Probably should have posted the whole thing instead of the blurb lol

If he doesn’t have 12 days holiday left then - which he probably doesn’t given he is leaving before the year is out - then they can ask him to work longer or cut his pay.

Feel like they need to meet in the middle here. They’re asking him to work at extra 12 days, but surely, even if he hasn’t accrued all 12 days, he’ll have some holiday in the bank.

Legally, the employer might be right. Also, that may not be all they sent to the person, that’s just a selected quote. There may be a reason they feel the leave doesn’t have to be given, for example that the person hasn’t worked enough days in the year to accrue the holiday in the first place.

1 Like

Tbh I don’t think the employer is being that unreasonable. They don’t have to approve leave but have offered a reasonable solution whereas the person who posted this is not really offering a middle ground because they’re essentially saying they have to leave on that date due to their new job.

If both parties want to serve themselves then I think the employee has a worse outcome so should probably try and come to a middle ground.

With the employer on this one.
Extending the notice period by 12 days is a fair workaround for this scenario and this workaround came from the employer.

That guy/gal should consider it rational and ask their future employer to postpone the joining date. 12 days is not that long.

I also think there’s a chance that the situation might win a “didn’t happen” award as well.

It’s not nearly as interesting enough for that

5 Likes

The employee effectively won’t get paid back for the annual leave anyway. The employer will claw that money back in the final pay packet.

Take a look at this horndog :rofl:

1 Like

I had a massive crush on a previous partners best friend and had no issues acting upon it when my relationship broke down lol.

But I definitely wouldn’t act on it whilst still in a relationship. He should avoid the drama and just stick with his wife lol

2 Likes

Willing to blow up your whole marriage with kids over some infatuation? Yikes, the dude is softer than Egyptian cotton

Imagine what people would be saying if the roles were reversed

7 Likes

Glad Calum voted for the right option. What a lad.

12 Likes

Calum voted from his experience of being married for 30 years

I voted for the drama trion I just love it

7 Likes

You’re Jake in Casa Amor

1 Like

Talk to his wife the absolute worst option btw, why is everyone going for it :ozil:

Hey luv, I’m really in love with your best mate Jenny now, she’s so hot and non mumsy, just wanted to let you know that the constant flirting we’ve been doing for 10 years wasn’t in your imagination.

Or hey luv, how about you smarten yourself up a bit and put some effort in? I know you’re 58 now but that’s no excuse for sloppiness.

19 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Yeah what the fuck are people expecting him to say to his wife that will end this situation in happiness lol

Maybe he should suggest a threesome to his wife, I’ve heard women love that

2 Likes