The randomly nothing thread

Haha I meant generally over the seasons for someone living there, but fair enough :laughing:

I do see the appeal tbf, but my career wouldnā€™t be transferrable to Canada

I forgot how fucking rotten things could get at festivals lol

Even at posh middle class ones? :sweat_smile:

I mean itā€™s definitely better than most but still :joy:

Are you glamping or camping?

Old school camping like a pleb.

Definitely feels like thereā€™s more glamping than camping here though lol

1 Like

Depends where you are in Canada.
East Coast: heavy snows in winter and some wild leftovers of hurricanes that have travelled up the eastern seaboard of the U.S.
Central Canada: Nice enough summers, but high humidity from ā€˜lake effectā€™, great lakes. Not brutal.
Prairies: Extremes. Very cold, dry winters. Lots of sunshine. Summer spells can get very hot.
West Coast: Quite British - they donā€™t call it the Wet Coast for nothing. Gets pretty warm in the B.C. interior in summer.

1 Like

Watching England in the Bronze play off then the menā€™s and womenā€™s finals :grin:

3 Likes

2-0 win, medal in the bag!

1 Like

A very Scottish Rwanda supporter in the crowd :joy:

@Joshua
@Powderfinger
@BigWeng_4LYFE
@NeedCoffee
@KITN
@jmb27

Calling all American OAā€™ers. I know Iā€™ve missed a few but Iā€™m really tired and carb depleted so forgive me.

Iā€™m thinking to go to Tampa for my birthday in March. Iā€™m sold on going there because I love the vibe I see online and I want to visit one of the gyms there.

But questions;

Whatā€™s it like? Can I see other parts of Florida and whatā€™s the closer parts to Tampa?

Is the weather nice in Tampa in March?

Just tell me everything

3 Likes

Funny Iā€™m actually going to Tampa for a conference next month.

Tampaā€™s on the gulf coast of Florida which I think is the underrated coast. Some really nice beaches and cities on that sideā€”Naples, Sarasota

If you have time Iā€™d say make a trip to Miami but donā€™t stay in South Beach, itā€™s just a shit tourist trap.

Also, avoid anything north of Tampaā€¦thatā€™s just Alabama and Alabama-like parts of Florida.

1 Like

I played in a tournament down there some years ago.

At the time, Tampa was known for strip clubs and old folks (closer to Clearwater, FL). Tampa is somewhat central, so not that far from Orlando (
about an hour and a half drive) and about 4 hours from Miami.

In March, it will be warmā€”think about 80-90 or 23-26 degrees Celsius.

2 Likes

Basically Iā€™m planning to go for a week in March around my birthday so I really wanted to put together a good itinerary based on what people in America can tell me lol.

So this is a great start and some things Iā€™ll note down.

Iā€™m going to try and stay close to a gym called Mi40 which I think isnā€™t far from South Tampa. I remember it being near an area called Hyde Park I believe.

1 Like

Thanks brother. I feel like I never read much positive about Tampa from a while ago it seems to be an area I hear nice things about now though lol

Oh cool, you could visit Gold Base @SRCJJ

1 Like

Itā€™s not terrible from what I remember, it is just overshadowed by Orlando for central areas to visit. As @KITN posted, Naples and Sarasota are nice for beaches.

Miami might be worth a trip down for a day or so depending on how long you are staying.

Keep in mind, itā€™s one thing to say 80-90 (23-26 Celsius), but it is humid.

2 Likes

Tampaā€™s got allot of DoD (Department of Defense) activityā€”like naval exercises and shit so thereā€™s a bit of a douchie military vibe sometimes.

If you want trashy Americana you can check out Hulk Hogans restaurant in Clearwater.

Church of Scientology is based out of Clearwater :partey:

1 Like

Another fine Brit.