The randomly nothing thread

Seeing as you are on a thread name change spree @Bl1nk I have always thought “Random Stuff” would be a much better name than this current jumble of words lol

1 Like

We can’t change Randomly Nothing. It’s one of Mystys legacies :santi:

1 Like

It’s such a stupid title that makes no sense lol

As is UK policy, you’ll need a non-Scottish opinion to be taken seriously :wink:

3 Likes

Always liked it myself. :slight_smile:

Sentimental pish :smile:

If this video of a cat taking a dive can’t make @Castiel come back perhaps nothing can.

1 Like

My partner’s visited there and said overall it was hot AF. Orlando is nearby if you’re into Disney or Harry Potter, although the parks are a little pricey.

Florida is fucking enormous though. I remember the first time I went to Orlando and was like “gee, I bet it’s like an hour to Miami.”

1 Like

Cat seal for @Castiel ?

Love Disney, hate HP.

Sorry man cant give ya any advice on Florida ive never been and im on the opposite coast! When u come to Vegas, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Hawaii, or even Mexico I can share some of my expertise :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I’m not surprised. Brown sauce is wildly overrated.

3 Likes

My gf’s parents live in Florida so I’ve been over a few times and they’ve always told me to avoid Tampa because of how touristy, industrial and in quite a few ways how trashy it is.

Same goes for Orlando and Jacksonville. But obviously if there are specific things you want to check out like that gym and Disney World then you have to go for it.

The south east coast of Florida is really nice. West Palm Beach, Del Ray Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami are all well worth a visit.

Del Ray in particular is a really vibey, colourful town that has kind of become the new South Beach and has quite a lot going on. Some really cool stuff to check on that side of Florida as well.

Miami is very cool but just beware that it isn’t as glamorous and sexy as Hollywood makes it out - large parts of it are 3rd world. But still a very cool city in general.

3 Likes

Where would you say is a reasonably priced area to stay in on Airbnb that’s not more than maybe 45 mins from Tampa?

I’ve heard nice things about Sarasota but that’s 55 mins by car.

1 Like

The weather in March should be good, though depending on your tolerance of cold, it may be a bit cold to go lay on the beach.

I lived in Central Florida for a year and mostly agree with what @KITN said. All of the beaches and little islands south of TB are very nice chill beach communities. Where I differ from KITN is if you go north it gets a bit more “rural” but there are some very cool areas. There is a big preserve north of TB and if you have time to get up to the Cedar Key area it’s very beautiful.

Edit: Worst fucking drivers in the world, though. I’d honestly rather drive in Manhattan.

2 Likes

I don’t know Tampa itself very well at all. But I’d be careful about going inland as there are some seriously trashy places in that part of Florida. Tampa is around the area where the retiree/Latin vibe of South Florida begins to transition into the deep south, kind of trashy vibe of North Florida. Just as one example, if you drive on I-4 from Orlando toward Tampa, right around the intersection where you hit I-75 (the major interstate going north-south on that part of the state), some asshole flies the world’s biggest confederate flag and you can see it from the highway.

Sarasota is very classy in a “lots of rich white people from New York and New Jersey moved here or have second homes here” kind of way. Its very nice and the beaches are really good, but not a big nightlife spot.

Depending on how long you want to spend at the Tampa gym, I would consider trying to get over to the Miami/South Florida area. I haven’t spent a ton of time there but it has a much more diverse, cosmopolitan atmosphere.

3 Likes

@SRCJJ now wondering if this weightlifters Mecca is
quite worth risking his life for

5 Likes

The Y’allqueda’s bark is worse than their bite. Most people are good people, especially one on one. It’s when you get them in big groups that they act a fool.

4 Likes