The randomly nothing thread

I’m going to need receipts

I will try and find some proof. I will get back to you later

1 Like

Isn’t this a bit like tokenism? “You only got the job because you are transgender or gay” kind of thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I know this is an underrepresented group in sport, and I don’t begrudge them the opportunity. It’s more that I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable knowing I got a job purely because I was a woman for example.

2 Likes

I was going to say this but from a slightly different angle.

Surely they’re not even allowed by law to advertise for a role that excludes you if you’re not LGBT+?

You couldn’t advertise for a role requiring you to be a woman to apply, (for example), even if the right sentiment might be there in increasing the relevant underrepresented group within a workforce/industry.
I’m assuming anyway…

Maybe they get round it by also recruiting for the same job for everyone separately, but feels like they’re on dodgy ground.

I guess they’re being clever in that they’re not actually advertising a specific job. They’re just inviting a group of people to a “talent day”.

If they were advertising a talent day for non-LGBT+ people I still don’t think they’d get away with it legally.

Banking on no-one complaining about it, (and for good reason I guess)

People are complaining, you read the comments? Lol. People saying they’re going to cancel their subscriptions :sweat_smile:

Some people are too precious

No I hadn’t actually, but I can imagine…
I misworded, I meant they’re banking on no authorities taking action against it, since people would infer from that that those authorities were anti LGBT+

When the national lottery email to tell you that you’ve won a prize and you log in to find it’s just a tenner

4 Likes

1 Like

I scrolled until I got to the first “closing my Halifax account” comment. Didn’t take long :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wheres the apostrophe in hers?

Somewhere where it actually belongs :grin:

As I understand it, “hers” is a possessive pronoun, and therefore doesn’t require an apostrophe.

2 Likes

Where is this hate when it’s Christmas jumper day at work.

I’m respectful of someone that wants to go by a different pronoun because it’s none of my business, whatever makes them happy but don’t get triggered when someone calls you by the wrong one

3 Likes

What’s wrong with Christmas jumper day?

Christmas

As a loser that doesn’t want to offend people I like having pronouns shoved in my face. I’m glad Halifax are doing this for me and my kind.

2 Likes

This is awesome :exploding_head:

1 Like