The randomly nothing thread

100% agreed, wish I could leave them locked outside in my garden

2 Likes

Did Samsung change their chargers as I thought they were all the same haha. The charger I got with my old s9 doesn’t fit it :joy: Tempted to spend a couple of pounds on the cable just for a nostalgic look :joy:

1 Like

Yeah used to be micro USB then at some point it changed to USB-C. Was going to suggest that, never know what kind of memories you going to find, messages, notes and maybe even some lost photos.

2 Likes

Would the s9 plug still work with the s4 cable?

Nah their different, would have to probably have to get one from amazon. Their fairly cheap and quite common could use even the ps4 controller charger if you got one

2 Likes

You absolute genius :joy: connected the ps4 charger to the s9 plug and it’s charging :joy::joy:

1 Like

I found an old phone so my immediate thought was to smash it

15 Likes

Highland games - lockdown edition

7 Likes

I was creasing when I read this post. Hahaha, Calum Smashhh

1 Like

Was bored in between euro games tbf

Be good too keep around the house and throw round during Arsenal games for you.

1 Like
2 Likes

There are more fat adults than fat kids…

3 Likes

Yeah if anything they should ban junk food and delivery ads etc after 9PM haha. Always tempting when you see those ads and you’re yet to cook something!

Not sure how much this really achieves though. There are many better ways to encourage healthy lifestyles that’s for sure

5 Likes

I always think there’s as many malnourished looking people around as obese ones because of the same diet which gets ignored.

2 Likes

True but those bad obesity-inducing habits often start in childhood. I’m guessing that’s the thinking here.

Kids mainly eat what their parents give them though. The thinking is flawed.

I don’t watch a huge amount of regular TV so I don’t see many ads for McDonald’s or Burger King. But I see one their restaurants pretty much every time I leave my house.

2 Likes

Radio, TV and even the internet is riddled with fast food ads, granted I haven’t seen a Burger King ad in a while but there’s always a McDonald’s or KFC ad. There was even the whole McDonald’s is back on Uber eats thing that was being promoted during the lockdown.

But I have to agree with Sham kids eat what their parents give them, it isn’t even hard, young kids don’t even have proper taste buds so you can get them on greens really early. Then they ask for it themselves. Which is what we did, toddler is 3 and hasn’t ever had any chocolates or sweets or candy’s. It’s gotten to the point that she won’t even try stuff like cake on birthdays. Even her snacks are stuff like cucumbers with hummus or carrots with hummus, apricots and other vegetables and fruits. No crisps or chocolate bars or even processed cheese stuffs!

3 Likes

Mate, if you haven’t cooked anything by 9pm then your fate is basically sealed anyway, I wouldn’t blame it on the adverts :grin:

I’m broadly supportive of the measure, quite superficially I guess as I’ve not read beyond the headline. But like with alcohol, gambling etc, I’d be supportive of restricting them pre-watershed in an effort to avoid having these things normalised for kids. There are better ways to do it, most of them starting at home by being a decent, thoughtful parent like Bizzy seems to be, but unfortunately lots of kids aren’t gonna have that at home.

Though I am now wondering how effective the concept of a 9pm watershed even is these days, it feels kinda outdated, certainly a concept more at home in the pre streaming, pre Internet era. Like, how many families/kids watch television live these days? I watch Gogglebox once or twice a month, The Chase a few times a week and sometimes the news, but thats about the extent of it. I’d have thought I’m not an outlier here, probably.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of reason for kids eating junk outside of advertising and parents being lazy on food choices.
Living in a 24/7 world now. People working all sorts of weird hours.
Convenience, lifestyle and cost and not being at home together all come into it.
How many people actually all sit round a table and have a meal together on a regular basis?

7 Likes