The randomly nothing thread

Are these barbers compensated in any form?

We have a thing here called the Pandemic Unemployment Payment that you can get if your job is ended because of government restrictions. There are grants and stuff available for some business owners and a lot of rates or taxes have been suspended to some degree too.

1 Like

Peak This Morning, what a mental story

2 Likes

ā€œEamonn, Ruth, I do wish we could chat longer butā€¦ Iā€™m having an old friend for dinner. Bye.ā€

7 Likes

Yeah same, not going to lie got a couple of haircuts at home, really hate not having my hair in order. But then it was annoying to clean the mess and itā€™s never the same as going to the shop, seeing your mates hanging out, chilling outside the shop and catching up on whatā€™s going on. Got a lot of friends who cut hair, so it will be nice when the lock down ends and can see them again.

Having said that, I bought a bunch of expensive trimmers and clippers to try and give my self a fade, didnā€™t really work out so I just started buzz cutting my hair, zero guard on the top and a foil shaver on the sides, so it blends in from skin to stubble. Actually looks sick, donā€™t know why balding or bald people donā€™t just go for this look. Not going to say itā€™s better than a fade, but definitely up there for me. Going to probably stick with this look for the summer now, save my self Ā£40/50 a week. Been growing out my beard as well, got a big fuck off one. Wouldnā€™t look out of place with the brothers now :joy:.

3 Likes

Fuck me, I thought I went to the barbers a lot!

2 Likes

Need to update that avi :grin:

1 Like

:joy: yeah itā€™s a weekly thing for me, used to go every Friday or Thursday. Have been since I was like 16 prices been going up since then though used to be like Ā£10 for a fade, but now itā€™s like Ā£20 something. Then the beard, a hot towel and a head wash and itā€™s like Ā£40 something. Itā€™s actually crazy when you add it up annually, but that feeling when you walk out the shop looking crisp and oozing sauce, is priceless, practically skip home!

@shamrockgooner yeah true that will trim it down though once itā€™s all fully over though, when it gets this thick you end up getting all kinds of food stuff in your beard :joy: discovered a bunch of beard products through out this pandemic as well. I swear thereā€™s someone to sell you something for everything.

3 Likes

Yeah that is pretty crazy. I probably only spend about Ā£70/Ā£80 on my hair in a whole year :laughing:

4 Likes

But you make up for it with nails and eyebrows right?

ffs gents, just get the Gillette out :joy:

3 Likes

Eyebrows yes, but thatā€™s still only once every six weeks. Hardly ever get my nails done. Always knew guys were more about the vanity than me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nothing against you people who have been WFH but Iā€™m envious today.
Must be a massive bonus not having to face opposition fan work colleagues after shit shows like Saturday.
Todayā€™s going too be hell off Liverpool fans for me. Canā€™t even respond with the come back when youā€™ve won the title jibe anymore.

4 Likes

Not really, after this past year of being stuck working at home Iā€™d just be happy to see people face to face, even if weā€™d just been battered 6-0 on the weekend.

I positioned my self at work at an Arteta out since like April last year so when they try and banter me they know I hate us as well. The only people I roast are Spurs fans because they always set themselves up for it. Everyone else I have nothing at all. We have an expensive squad at mid table we as fans are fucked in day to day life haha

1 Like

Something like this?

The way he walks in always gets me :arteta: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

:joy::rofl: 100% like this. When the hair starts growing out and the lines arenā€™t sharp, then itā€™s a cap ting until trim day. Trying to be incognito and inconspicuous, then just like the video come out like you own the whole town. Itā€™s a magical thing that canā€™t really be described. @Calum knows whatā€™s up.

5 Likes

Truth :arteta:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be swaggering out there on Thursday afternoon like a new man :sunglasses::sunglasses::fire::fire:

1 Like

Betfred in the mud. You love to see it. Hope he enjoys his winnings :champagne::clinking_glasses:

11 Likes