The randomly nothing thread

Depends on if you’re drinking to get intoxicated or not. I just like the taste of beer and over ninety percent of the time I’m not drinking it to get drunk, so I don’t need to be out and about to fully enjoy it. Same with lots of people who don’t drink to get drunk.

I’ve found since March I’ve been drinking more frequently but in smaller quantities. On Friday I was weighing up whether to have a second can of beer and had to check myself, remembering that it was a Friday and that it isn’t extravagant to have a total of two cans of beer totalling less than two pints lol.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I like beer so that’s why I buy it on the weekend. Gonna buy more for our game tonight but I wasn’t just meaning nights out where you get steaming even just standard trip to a pub for a few pints in a pub watching a game of football or something is a million times better than drinking in the house yourself :joy:

Yeah alright, why don’t just go right ahead and call us losers?!

I can never understand your posting style sometimes haha.

Don’t know mate. Chèaper drinking in. Guaranteed a seat. No closing time or expensive taxi home.
When the pubs open again mate you’ll be fucked when you can’t hear Danny Dyer on the tv when the walls on.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s mainly sarcasm, Calum. The lowest form of wit, I know.

The Wall will have done its job by then. Hopefully I’ll never have to watch Saturday night TV again

1 Like

You gotta hope your mates feel the same. Friday night book club going to be another game changer for you.
You’ll end up just doing a sunday carvery the way your going now Cal.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I’ve been out Fridays before but it’s always more of a Saturday thing than a Friday.

The good thing about a Friday night out tho was on the occasion you done it you had the hangover on Saturday and still had the Sunday as normal :raised_hands:

2 Likes

For similar reasons, in London, Thursdays were always our Fridays. Go get wrecked on a Thursday and go into work on Friday hanging out your arse, then go home on Friday eve and order a Dominos and crash by 10pm.

Never liked the idea of being hungover in my own time. :joy:

3 Likes

Tbh this time mate, when the pubs do re open ignore everybody’s advice mine included. Don’t swipe a glass . Well not till the vaccine proved it works. Give it till next Christmas. :kissing:

3 Likes

I’ve been in work hungover once and it was fucking horrendous :joy: I promised myself never again. Was the Monday after the 2018 World Cup Final. Since it was in Russia the time difference fucked me as you had to go in the afternoon so numerous pints then for some strange reason we then moved to cocktails :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

I have a non customer facing job it’s just sitting on a computer at a desk but was still horrific :joy: It made Monday so much worse hah

2 Likes

Yeah to be fair, if I’m hungover, I just want to sit on the sofa and watch football or crap TV all day

1 Like

I wonder how the first post corona hangover will be like. Will it feel worse due to not having one for nearly 18 months :joy:

Well that’s why you carry on drinking at home. It’s a bit like pre season. Extra can a week or bring a short into it leading into the vaccine. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah good to keep it ticking over and the summer helped as it came back a bit with night outs axed for days out lol

2 Likes

Well you’ve got a euros too get ready for. No slacking now mate.

1 Like

Yeah fuck the football the main part is the drinking. :grin:

1 Like

This is why I always like my big night to be a Friday. I can spend Saturday feeling like a worthless piece of shit, be back to 80% by Sunday and 100% by Monday for work.

I hate spending my Sunday feeling awful with the grim spectre of work looming ever closer as the day progresses.

3 Likes

Sunday is never usually a day for me. Wild finding out since March we actually have a 7th day of the week.