The randomly nothing thread

A generation is said to be roughly 30 years. 30*63 is 1890. The Roman Empire was still in full swing one thousand eight hundred and ninety years ago. If they’ve got a recipe so old, for a food that almost certainly hadn’t been developed yet, I fucking wanna eat there in all fairness just out of curiosity alone.

Plus I don’t think @BigWeng_4LYFE is from North East USA where the stereotype you talk of is from.

Though I know this was mostly tongue in cheek from you :smirk:

2 Likes

No this is pretty much it. Petrillos 4 lyf bby. All other pizza is trash. Well the other pizza joint down the street, Vittoria’s is damn good too.

2 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Here’s a fun fact for you bozos in here:

Pineapple on pizza is elite. So much so, it’s an accepted form of offer into the clandestine fraternity that is the Freemason society.

Papa bless.

1 Like

Have you tried burger king recently, it tastes absolutely disgusting and its lost its grilled taste. McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese on the other hand…that shit was fire.

1 Like

I found a Wimpy in Shadwell the other day. Nostalgic.

5 Likes

Jesus yeah I remember wimpy! How was it? Microwaved greatness?
I do NOT miss Little Chef

1 Like

That’s just the very, very upper limit so people don’t bother recommending seriously spenny designer gear haha. Highly unlikely I spend anywhere near that, but I could be persuaded to go a touch over two hundred for something absolutely perfect.

We all draw our own lines on what’s reasonable, but I am trying to take the attitude that its better to buy fewer clothes but make sure they’re of a higher quality and will last. I bought a waxed Barbour jacket half price at a hundred quid in early Spring, but if I look after it it should genuinely last for as long as it fits me. In the past I’ve too often gone for the fairly cheap option which looks fine for a bit but simply doesn’t stand the test of time, often losing their shape and colouring within a year. Add in the various environmental costs of disposable, cheap fashion (as I’m trying to cut my consumption in life generally) and I think it makes sense.

I know you didn’t ask for any of that explanation but I felt like it, so there you have it anyway lol

6 Likes

Not bad man, that was a half pounder. Tasted better than a McDonald’s burger that’s for sure.

That meal cost me over £11 though :joy:

1 Like

In fucking shadwell? Christ I used to play football near there, and my mates lived in our uni halls there. There’s nobody round there with enough for a fucking £11 wimpy, that’s fucked up

@JakeyBoy agree with you on the quality for price comment, I’ve got a really high quality 3/4 length smart coat I’ve had about 6 years now, it’s a bit more snug than it used to be but it’s still in pristine condition and it’s my usual winter coat most of the time.

4 Likes

Thanks man, I feel like an asshole for engaging in disposable fashion now. :santi:

3 Likes

Haha. I’ve still got plenty of bad habits, just trying to be a little bit better in some ways.

You lot need chatni in your life

1 Like

My friend has a barbour he’s had for literally 10 years and he’ll just spend a few quid to have any tears or whatever mended.

Over the years I’ve definitely come to conclusion that quantity > quality, at least when it comes to things like coats and shoes.

I’ll still by my t-shirts and polos etc. from Uniqlo but when it comes to something where the quality actually makes a difference I will splurge.

I spent £500 on a Paul Smith peacoat 10 years ago and I still where it for most of the year. I’ve never had so much as a button come off or anything, and it still looks as good as the day I bought it and it’s still as warm as it ever was because the quality of manufacturing and textile is so high. All I do is have it dry-cleaned maybe once every 18 months and that’s it.

The coats where I’ve spent £150 or whatever, are the ones where the seams start coming undone or the zipper needs replacing because it breaks etc. and at that point it becomes a liability having it. Sometimes buying cheap can be expensive.

Same goes for shoes. You shouldn’t cheap out on shoes, you wear those things on your feet every day and you’re on your feet more than you think.

2 Likes

Jeans, shoes and coats are the essentials that should stick with you for a long time, and where quality comes with a price, other basics can be changed regularly.

7 Likes

You need a boost with your keto? Check out this guy. Watch the video.

2 Likes

Very warm, lightweight, won’t fry that budget.

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/men-seamless-down-hooded-parka-419989.html?rrec=true

When it comes to staying warm people tend to ignore base layers and thermals a lot too. Helly Hansen and Uniqlo have a useful selection.

4 Likes

“Free delivery for order above 50£.”
Man you guys are ripped off.

We get free delivery for orders above 5£

1 Like

@SRCJJ :fire:

Go Tesco. Thank me later

2 Likes

Could be a game changer :scream_cat: