The randomly nothing thread

Alright, fair play Mr Hardworker. But the nature of retail/supermarket work is the random weekdays off, which was my point really. I just said part time because I was part time when I worked in that field :slightly_smiling_face:

I couldn’t have done full time like you are because I absolutely loathed it.

2 Likes

we have loads of people that work between school/college hours and then others who are older that don’t do so many hours, not many like me really, we kind of need more of them, the older ones seem to get injured a lot (mainly back) and have time off

3 Likes

What time does sun set at your end?

I was so surprised that it sets at 9:30 in Europe because it is always 6-7 here. Always

At the height of summer its 10/11pm

At the height of winter its 4/5pm

2 Likes

This is such a huge variance.
I prefer going in office and coming out while sun is up. That would be difficult in winters.

Sun rise?

Summer its very early like 4am lol

Winter is pitch dark until 8amish

1 Like

Withdrawing my residency application.

1 Like

Yes. It’s exactly like that here. Assuming you work a typical 9-5 with an hour’s commute each way - you won’t see much sunlight in winter.

2 Likes

Absolutely hate the winter for this reason it’s actually depressing as fuck :joy:

The cold and the weather doesn’t bother me it’s the no daylight that gets me.

April is brilliant for this reason its like the UK has awoken from its winter sleep

3 Likes

Usually around 9.45pm on June 21st (longest day)

2 Likes

Don’t know if you are disagreeing with me lol but in Scotland at the height of summer its bright until 11pm :+1:

2 Likes

Forgot you live up there lol

3 Likes

Give me Pros and cons

From a tourist perspective who is not a party person, long days seem ideal, more brightness, more to see.

But must be annoying as someone who has to deal with it all the time.

Over here we don’t have to use our watches as the sunshine can give us a fair idea what time of the day it is. Symmetrical 12 hours of daylight and night time makes for a good subconscious body clock.

Daylight till 10pm or darkness till 9am. Fuck that

At the Arctic, Iceland, the northest parts of Sweden, Norway and Canada, the sun never sets in the summer and it never rises in the winter.

5 Likes

Today it’s 5:21 sunup / 9:58 sundown. Edmonton, Alberta.

2 Likes

Yeah I have read. I would like to experience that someday.
It would be like living in a different planet to me.

2 Likes

Yeah watching the whole interview right now.
He is a grade A dick who must be a huge incel, living his whole life with insecurities, attributing all his miseries on his height & lashing out on people. The second video below has quite a few drama which he himself shot, being disrespectful.

That said, I feel bad for him.
Every male go through phases of validation. From grooming to get noticed by girls, being affected by lack of it & eventually just not giving a damn.
He has just not arrived to the third phase yet. On top of it, He gets looked down upon by everyone and the feeling of looked down upon by girls must really trigger his ego & ignite his incel feelings.

PS - gave a good account for himself here(apart from modern day Martin Luther king bs). We all have our rough days & sometimes we snap.

2 Likes

This guys a fucking lunatic.

1 Like