The randomly nothing thread

Fireman Sam is a legend, he’s been saving lives in Pontypandy for decades, btfo him. Everyone.

1 Like

Oh ffs. Pigs dont talk and wear dresses either. Actually I know this episode and mummy pig and all the other mums are the fire brigade.
Also had the book and read it a million times. Someone needs to address this. Daddy pigs football team have a bbq that goes on fire and mummy pig and friends come to the rescue. Dont know if you need a spoilers alert their mods.

1 Like

Peppa is a little bitch in fairness lol, always calls poor Daddy Pig fat

1 Like

Your not wrong. Every little girl in the country repeats it to their Daddy in the morning for about 3 years. Ive been one of those self conscious Daddys.

2 Likes

I like a pork chop on the BBQ.

1 Like

We talking about this Peppa Pig?

2 Likes

I still like some elements of cash. I mean, on a really random note (hence why I’m quoting in this thread now) imagine playing Monopoly on one of those newer editions where you use a card machine instead of cash. It’s kinda meh. Not the same receiving a big dollap of paper making you feel like some tycoon millionnaire :kos2:

1 Like

Money will be on the way out I think in the next 10 or 20 years everything will be cashless

I’d be really surprised if everything is cashless in that timeframe. There’s no desire from all to see the back of cash just yet, it’s still used by a lot of people. Besides, think about countries that don’t have anywhere near the structure to go cashless. Some cards don’t always work abroad either I believe, so what would you do then? There will be some form of cash for a long while to come.

Imagine if we do move to a cashless society. I feel sorry for buskers and homeless people – “Hi Mary the tramp, do you take card?”

2 Likes

I keep about £20 in my wallet at all times, just in case. My barber still takes cash money and some places, like the chip shop only do card payments for more than £10.

Contactless makes life easier though.

Yeah I only take money out if the place I’m in doesn’t have cashless facilities

Swedish big cities are largely (but not entirely) cashless for many groups of people today, I haven’t held a bill in my hand in years. We have this phone app where you can transfer money to other people who also have the app simply by entering their phone number (you connect your phone # to your bank account) and the amount you want to send them. Some homeless people and whatnot have a sign with their phone number on and you can send them any amount you like in a few seconds. You guys probably have the same type of apps over there in brexitland.

2 Likes

Yea. I remember hearing that 10-15 years ago too. It’ll never totally disappear.

1 Like

This somewhat fascinates me. Has there been any stories of people accidentally transferring like thousands to someone?

I don’t want a cashless society just in case I find myself having to go on the run at some point in the future.

:hipster:

There is a cap at about £1000 per day or £200 if you’re below the age of 16 (I had to google, £1000 is still much more than I thought, I would’ve guessed it was like £100). I guess that has definitely happened plenty though.

The app is great, I would guess people here mainly use it for things in the range of maybe £1 to £20-30 or w/e, like splitting the bill when you’re eating out (one person picks up the tab with their card, the other send them the money on their phones meanwhile) or if your friend is at the store on the way to you you can call them and have them pick something up for you and you send them the money meanwhile.

1 Like

Oddly I’ve heard all about the app before on a podcast from an Irish Journalist who lives in Sweden called Philip O’Connor. Dunno if he writes for Swedish media or not but he’s not bad.

Revolut isn’t too far away from it I guess. I’m trying to convince loads of people I know to get it gives you loads more control than any traditional banks and has all those handy features you’ve listed. Also, crypto!

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of him (I’m the type who knows the names of some journos), googling a bit I find he’s written a couple of things for the most popular (not implying highest quality, mind, but ideologically sound at least imo) newspaper, I see on his twitter he’s associated (by twitter) with the Irish Social Democrats, the Swe newspaper he has written for lean with the Swedish Social Democrats (soft-left-of-centre-ish) so it makes some sense I guess.

Yeah the app is great. It’s beaten by some app I had in Japan 10 years ago where at 7eleven you could just pick a pack of noodles, take a picture of the QR code and that pays for it and you just walk out the store lol. I fully expect them to have developed telekinesis and brainwave payments by now.

Cash is king and always will be.

1 Like