The Queen

Yay a clip with white faces congrats the point still stands there are “minorities” in the procession

2 Likes

Edward the Confessor was crowned in 1042 so, no. :grinning:

You are missing the point, traditions didn’t start in 1042….

Two non whites

1 Like

Also, what are these traditions you’re saying stretch back that far? Given our society is literally nothing like Anglo-Saxon or Norman England?

And what is it you’re claiming has stood for all that time?

And Italy is nothing like the roman era what’s your point

Nobody here is claiming Italy to be like the Roman era…

Going back to my queens farewell can’t be bothered with race politics and all that blah blah

3 Likes

Traditions have been baked in to the fabric of the British society, yes some have evolved and changed slightly; however that tradition is still there.

1 Like

Also with pointing out that funerals in this style are a much shorter lived tradition going back no further than the beginning of Victoria’s reign.

Specifically?

Glad to see so many people turn out for this. Did say I wasnt gonna watch but got hooked for almost 2 hours now :sweat_smile:

Poor Charles looked so sad watching the car drive away.

4 Likes

Honesty great to be witness a small part of our history today. Never really aprpeocated the beuaty and history of Westminster Abbey before today, definitely need to visit it properly soon.

3 Likes

I visited the old shaftbury abbey ruins a few months back. Had a big history nerd talk with the tour guide quite enjoyable

2 Likes

This has to be fake right lol

8 Likes

Tbh up until it shows her face, it’s pretty hard to tell who it is. Secondly, Liz Truss is about as un-memorable as they come lol

4 Likes

I’ve been watching wit a group of mates since 10:30 haha we all got together at a friends flat and got the beers and snacks out

2 Likes

Uncles in America stayed up/woke up early to watch. The called us up to talk about it

1 Like

I hope this stops dominating every news cycle in a day or two’s time.

3 Likes