The Queen

No it’s more than a thousand years

Fixed

It isn’t. Pretty much none of our traditions or institutions reach back any further than the Norman conquest.

…. No it isn’t.

1 Like

Is my maths failing me or…?

Because we currently live in the year 2067?

4 Likes

Our traditions predate the Norman conquest

Lol still on the Anglo Saxon thought train :rofl:

Thanks.

It’s mostly the arrangement that looks pretty ugly, not necessarily the flowers.

I’ll be back in a few years :rofl:

5 Likes

Not really. The kingdoms of the Anglo Saxons had very different institutions from ours. Even the way the church worked was totally different.

So much as people in this country are descended from anyone, it’s by and large the Normans.

Also, on another note, when they were selecting the military personnel for this procession, was there a concerted effort to root out anyone in the units involved who wasn’t white? :joy:

The Norman traditions were incrementally brought in during the reign of Edward the confessor on top of the Anglo-Saxon traditions.

I’ve seen plenty of ethnic faces

Well this country is 86% white and and very rare for none whites to join the army.

Edward the Confessor is hardly pushing the boat out any further historically from what I’ve just said :joy:

Black people only 3% of the population and Asian 6%

The point stands we are a nation steeped in tradition that spans more than a thousand years :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I stand corrected :joy:

2 Likes