The NHS

Think Guy Fawkes had the right idea !! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes people get that but issue is government hasn’t subscribed to any kind of strict fiscal conservativism even outside of the PPE procurement scandal.

Seems odd to play hardball with nurses when they enjoy a high level of public support for a pay rise. Just another easy win for Labour to campaign on

3 Likes

They’ve wasted money on the furlough scheme wasted money on PPE and now being held to ransom.

Like I mentioned before after nurses finish studying the earn 30k with a max band 35k.

The combination of complete stupidity and entitlement from these Brits never ceases to amaze. The lack of shame from these alcoholic pathetic weasels.

The original tweet is right btw, believe it or not.

Happily telling the doctor to quite or that he made the wrong choice then.

Yeah I guess doctors did make the wrong choice to go into these working conditions.

They are realising that and making a change, leaving in droves.

That’s why you can’t get a GP appointment and there’s record waits in A&E.

You encouraging them will make even more of them leave. And eventually you’ll be fucked.

Dumb fat fucks. Enjoy that 10 hour ambulance when you phone 999 with your heart attack as all that gammon clogs your arteries. Because you told all the staff that could help you to go fuck off to work in Asda then and they listened to you.

Honestly the UK public doesn’t realise how much healthcare they get for the money they spend. It’s unreal value for money even now.

Oh well. They will soon enough.

Get off your high horse you elitist tool just because you are a doctor doesn’t make you the most important thing in the world

Well that’s a twattish response.

6 Likes

Doctors are the elite now? :slight_smile:

I find it astonishing that there are people in this world who will literally tell doctors to “quit their jobs” if they don’t like it lmao.

I can’t believe it.

5 Likes

What’s so outlandish about telling someone not to do something that makes them unhappy?

Not gonna lie, @Electrifying hasn’t seemed happy on these boards for a while now. He complains about his job constantly. Surely changing the thing that is bringing him down is a good solution, no?

Because the solution is treating our healthcare workers with more dignity and respect and rewarding them with better working conditions and better pay not telling them to “quit their job”.

3 Likes

Well sure. But we’re not in charge of that. So telling someone to look around and see if there is something they would prefer to do with their time doesn’t seem like bad advice to me.

Obviously it’s not good for everyone in the long run if people continue to leave the profession, but personally, if I knew someone who was being mentally affected by their job, I’d be telling them to leave it.

3 Likes

Yeah nah, the people on twitter telling doctors etc to either shut the fuck up or quit if they don’t like it aren’t offering sincere and thoughtful career advice aimed at increasing the happiness of medical staff, they’re being cunty.

7 Likes

Whatever man

1 Like

I’m sure @Electrifying is one of countless many who are complaining about the current state of healthcare, why should he leave? If no one speaks up about underfunding poor conditions and long hours etc the government and hospital management would just continue to take the piss and you the end user suffers.
If everyone left their job which they have trained for years stating health issues the system would be even more fucked.

1 Like

I would say @Electrifying that doctors and pharmacists have to strike with nurses now. Strike while the iron’s hot, if you’ll pardon the pun.

The inevitable impact on pay banding it will have will be significant.

You can get paid more on a night shift as Asda than being a locum pharmacist in some areas in England. I didn’t know the doctor rate could go as low as 14ph. That’s pretty crazy.

1 Like

I’m not saying he or anyone should leave. I’m taking it case by case and saying if I saw someone constantly unhappy with what they’re doing day in and day out, then suggesting they stop doing what makes them feel shit wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world. Can’t put a price on happiness.

I mean, this isn’t going to happen, is it? And not at all what I’m saying.

1 Like

People telling doctors to quit if they don’t like conditions would be the first, like the absolute first, to complain if they needed treatment in hospital and had to wait any length of time at all because of a lack of doctors.

9 Likes

So just like the current situation….

1 Like

Obviously much worse if doctors left the profession every time someone told them to quit if they don’t like it.

5 Likes

Well you were implying that Elec was unhappy in his job and he should change his situation, so using his views as a small sample size to what we are discussing it fits in to what you are saying ( I think :thinking:)

1 Like