The NHS

What’s worse than waiting hours for a doctor?? In comparison to waiting hours for a doctor…

If you take on a profession that requires long hours and hard work, that’s up to you and you should also expect it, so there is no compassion from me especially when these people sign up for it. And yea the Twitter folks are right if you don’t like quit.

1 Like

Waiting days to see a doctor, quite clearly.

1 Like

Last I heard an elderly woman waited 24hrs to see a doctor, again please enlighten me what difference would it make?

Me reading some of the posts here.

6 Likes

Our value systems are so fucked up.

2 Likes

If the elderly woman waits 36, 48, 72 hours etc, quite clearly that would be worse.

Absolutely, that’s why so many are doing that.

Either moving abroad or changing jobs.

I’m considering it daily, and making plans for feasible solutions.

So many have done that. That’s why the service is in the dire straits it’s in. So much short staffing.

If you tell nurses paramedics doctors to leave if they don’t like it. Don’t complain you can’t get an ambulance, get a doctor, get a carer, when they then do that.

It’s that double standard I hate.

4 Likes

I didn’t realise that you worked in healthcare @Electrifying, which adds real weight to your posts on here. I 100% support everyone in the NHS who is striking atm but dismayed that it has come to this. Wasn’t long ago we were all outside the front of our houses clapping the NHS only for some people to forget the job you all do. Unfortunately some people don’t realise how much we need the NHS until they need it and freely criticise the system for being understaffed and underfunded. Hopefully this all gets resolved, but somehow can’t see that happening in the current climate.

6 Likes

I can’t believe I get to watch you explain the concept of time to a grown adult, it’s really something.

7 Likes

And counting.

We could even use some Sesame Street.

That would go over the heads of some people

Clearly @Leper has been in a hospital in while 24hr is to meet someone, 36 is to start the initial checks and get some diagnostic, 48 if bloods are involved, 72hr is when ever stage is completed.

For a simple hospital visit with my partner we were in the hospital for 12hours, another woman told us she has been back and forth for three days waiting hours each time.

People that have no idea what they are talking about just spout nonsense to be virtuous, this mess was caused by shutting down the hospitals for a virus which nearly everyone supported.

Which I’m sure will be improved if the doctors and nurses ‘got another job’.

Forgot to say we didn’t see a qualified doctor we saw a foundation year 2 trainee

What? We’re training doctors? We need to put an end to this madness!

Despite the attempts to obfuscate, this remains quite simple. If doctors quit if they don’t like their conditions every time someone says they should, waiting times will increase. Doctors and other important medical staff leaving the profession because their pay and conditions aren’t good enough is a problem for everyone.

Maybe you’d have seen someone more senior if people didn’t feel they had to leave the profession for a decent standard of living and good working conditions?

You just want people to get medical treatment in a timely manner. So virtuous.

5 Likes

Not only that, I have “signalled” that virtue to others by posting about it. What a bastard.

4 Likes

What we definitely shouldn’t do, is spend years making people feel unwelcome in this country.

Can you guys change the thread title please, it’s not just for me because healthcare is a huge issue for us all.

6 Likes