The Labour Party

Maybe not the election but this current leadership contest they are

Also, the SNP here have been pushing through this GRA act with zero discussion which many women MPs and activists are pissed off about.

In which case I think whatā€™s most relevant is what the current membership of the Labour Party are interested in, rather than the general population of whom 80% donā€™t care about idpol. Whoever winds the contest, I wouldnā€™t expect their rhetoric and focus to be the same when pitching to the wider public as it is when trying to appeal solely to the membership, a comparatively narrow base.

But this is Labour so that level of common sense canā€™t be taken for granted lol.

But I wonā€™t discuss the leadership election any further as it would probably be fair to say Iā€™ve paid essentially no attention to it whatsoever, so Iā€™m not at all informed about how it has been playing out :+1:

If she gets anywhere near the shadow cabinet Labour are fucked. Why do Labour have the least qualified MPs?

1 Like

It sounds like she said born, and then corrected it to ā€œformedā€, so perhaps she was referring to a foetus existing initially and the sex then being formed at a slightly later stage of development?!!

So if I were to hazard a guess, my answer would be no, I donā€™t think she did just tell the nation that children are born without a biological sex.

The question would still remain as to why she felt that that was something relevant and worth saying, and why she was not able to express the point even semi coherently or articulately, so please donā€™t take this as a defence of her, because it really isnā€™t lol. Iā€™m just trying to seek some sort of logic here as I do find it hard to believe that any (even vaguely) mainstream politician would actually try to argue that children are born without a biological sex in the vaaaaaast majority of cases lol

1 Like

Thing is, they clearly have no idea what they are talking about, probably off camera they donā€™t even agree with it, they are just hostage to this garbage. If they donā€™t say it they will be hounded out of public life. So here we are through the looking glass with a Labour Party committing suicide before our eyes.

3 Likes

Some of your posts sound a touch emotional, perhaps a little over the top. Maybe youā€™re a bit too close to this? Just not sure things are quite as cataclysmic as your posts are suggesting.

Labour leadership candidates denying biological sex is emotional and over the top?

1 Like

No, Iā€™m saying thatā€™s how you sound, to me. No offence intended but probably an unnecessary and unhelpful comment on my part, granted.

Only point being Iā€™m not convinced itā€™s the doomsday situation you are portraying it as.

No itā€™s fine, always good to be probed like that.

Well given the election result and the extent of what Labour lost itā€™s already pretty doomsday. Our response to the new near doomsday condition is to spout off about biological sex. I mean imagine your an average person sitting down in the morning to watch Good Morning Britain only to hear Dawn Butler say that a baby isnā€™t a sex. It wins back no one, and pisses off practically everyone.

2 Likes

Who are these new candidates for? Itā€™s seems that they are out to garner the vote of the fringe left of the party or the silly blue check marks on Twitter. Normal voters believe in two genders and male rapist should stay in male jails and women have a right not to agree in men being female spaces despite them having a dress on. To these people everyone that disagrees is a bigot, ist or a phobe. This is why labour go so badly beaten and now they are doubling down on this ideology.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s an MP, possibly more than one, who thinks homosexuality can be cured, so I tend not to be surprised these days.

Thatā€™s not true technically either though.

A Foetus has their chromosomes from the start, from the first cell after egg has been fertilised. Either XY for a boy or XX for a girl, so I have to say children are formed and born with their sex.

People may have different gender identities and thatā€™s fine. You do you, I donā€™t have a problem with that.

But you canā€™t change your chromosomes and you canā€™t change your sex.

Dawn Butler was just illustrating the kind of anti-Science stuff that the British left seem to be using as their weapon of electoral suicide, as they piss off everyone in the country thatā€™s not some middle-class hardcore uni liberal.

8 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s wrong mate but if you want to counter reference me Iā€™m interested to learn more. You first get a Zygote, then it develops to an Embryo, which then develops to a Fetus.

And a quick google:

A human fetus does not develop its external sexual organs until seven weeks after fertilization. The fetus appears to be sexually indifferent, looking neither like a male or a female. Over the next five weeks, the fetus begins producing hormones that cause its sex organs to grow into either male or female organs.

1 Like

You have to look at how Labour got into power and maintained power last time. They had the quad core of Blair, Campbell, Mandelson and Brown. They controlled and dominated the media narative and conversation. I donā€™t condone it but they forced newspapers editors such as Andrew Marr into unemployment, such was their power. They had The Sun on their side before the '97 landslide.

Brown clearly didnā€™t have the same Machiavellian traits as the other 3, otherwise heā€™d have won the election.

The only thing aside I suppose is The Tories offered Labour a few open goal elections.

1 Like

To be clear, Iā€™m not trying to say that she was correct to say that. I was just answering what was probably a hypothetical question in the tweet, because I donā€™t think what she was trying to say was that children are born without a biological sex. That I tried to find the distinction between the tweet and what I think she was trying to say hopefully isnā€™t construed as me endorsing the validity of the statement I think she was trying to make.

I am totally ignorant of the science surrounding the issue, which is why I tend to steer clear of offering an opinion on what science says about the matter.

1 Like

That paragraph you posted is right. The foetus does appear to be indeifferent sexually, but it has already been ordained what kind of sexual organs will be produced.

The hormones (and the inhibitory signals) that allow formation of a penis or vagina as activated through the chromosomes, which are in every cell of a foetus from the start. So I still maintain that while they may not be fully formed, it has already been decided what they will be from the start.

EDIT: here you go, wikipedia coming in strong as per :giroud2:

Again, things can wrong with that leading to things that can fall everywhere in the gender spectrum, but sex-wise you are either a male or a female.

Iā€™ll have to read up on this and figure my scientific opinion on this in the morning.

In terms of being sympathetic to their viewpoint, I think there should be a reasonable degree of sympathy to these people whether itā€™s clearly scientific or not.

1 Like

Oh yeah 100%. they clearly go through a lot, and should get the help they need. I just donā€™t think denying basic biology helps them or anyone in the long run.

Anyways, glad she admitted it in the end. But unfortunately, damage seems to have been done.

I think from most people the sympathy is there. The objections come into play when there is a clash of rights, so if it became normal to say there is no such thing as biological sex, where does that leave women? They require a clear unambiguous scientific descriptor of what they are. Womanhood needs a definition.

I am not at all convinced of this if online discourse is anything to go by lol