The Labour Party

It’s problematic isn’t it? On one hand you don’t want to upset someones sense of self identity. On the other hand you don’t want to risk sexual predators masqurading as women in order to commit crimes. The left should at least acknowledge this risk.

Is there a real issue with a post opp transexual using a woman’s changing room? I don’t think so. Pre-op is more open to abuse.

1 Like

I think it would be accurate to say that most people don’t care.

I have a few mates who definitely don’t sympathise with them and actually think they’re a bit weird but who ultimately just don’t give a shit if a man becomes a woman or a woman becomes a man.

The internet isn’t a great platform to judge the greater public’s viewpoint on something because it gives voice to the loudest and most extreme commentators.

In the vast majority of cases where they may be political discourse about something, the vast majority of people just don’t really care if it affects them or not and are happy to let people be people as long as it doesn’t affect their lives too much. That’s a pretty good place to be at for society considering just a few decades ago the majority of the population was ruled by silly religious ideals and went out of their way to persecute and prosecute people that were gay, trans etc.

I don’t know if I’m making sense at all, I’m pretty tired and hungover lol

2 Likes

No, I agree. But as trans issues isn’t something I really discuss with anyone in real life, or hear others discussing, there’s not much else for me to go on. Suppose I could look for some polling if I cared enough lol.

Haha yeah fair enough

I have a close friend who was born male, and is gay, but who also has a female alter ego where he dresses up in wig, make up, 6 inch stilettos etc.

We never really know if he or she is going to show up and for the most part when we’ve gone out with this friend the reaction from the general public has been overwhelming positive. Sometimes there are a few stares (blue wig and blue everything will do that lol) and sometimes comments made but it’ll usually be drunk rugby boys just making a bit of banter rather than anything mean or malicious. This is in Bath and London, so maybe that skews it.

However we were in a big popular curry house once in Bath called Eastern Eye. My latent prejudices got the best of me thinking that the Pakistani owners/waiters might be bigoted and make an issue of it but much to my surprise they were so welcoming and happy commenting on her beautiful blue hair and how she walked better in heels than most of the girls in our group haha

My network of friends, which comprises both labour and Tory voters, really for the most part don’t have anything against trans people. Some of them can’t relate and don’t get it, but I’ve never experienced outright bigotry.

That said my friend does use the men’s toilets when he’s dressed up etc. so that’s not an issue he/we’ve faced really. And he isn’t trying to transition physiologically either, so he didn’t want to get injections and surgery when he was 12 or whatever. I imagine if I started debating issues like those with my friends I may begin to see more opposition.

1 Like

I’m intrigued to know what the “etc” is. :grinning:

Ahh just like tight little mini skirts and dresses, handbags, just female outfits.

He’s tall and extremely slender and androgynous, so he’s lucky in that he has the build to dress up as a woman and it doesn’t look obvious that he’s a bloke. He can strut like a catwalk model, it’s nuts. Tiny hips and shoulders as well, he’s built like Twiggy haha

1 Like

Oh I agree entirely. The problem seems to be, from following this stuff on social media, is that this is precisely what the Trans Lobby is fighting hard to avoid and this is the clash of rights. The Trans groups are precisely arguing for Self-ID, which therefore includes anyone - at least theoretically - and the moment that’s the case, there is no longer a definition for womanhood because it - at least theoretically - now includes men. I see no possible reconciling of these two positions and so therefore, for me, the one with the best science and with the least danger has to win.

I think for most people the battle ground expressed above is why it looks like that. No feminist wanting to keep definitions of womanhood intact are going to give in. The people who I would consider most likely to be actual transphobes, so the Alt-Right or the fundamentalist Christian types, they tend not to be overly involved in the discussion. Sure they’ll share their views but they aren’t the behind groups like Womensplace UK or LGB alliance.

1 Like

What about those fucking annoying women that go into men’s toilets at concerts and clubs and other venues, can we kick up a fuss about those fuckers

You friend has a fetish; it’s not that he wants to transits, before this trans thing blew certain men liked to dress up as woman just saying.

I think you might enjoy Ru Paul’s Drag Race.

1 Like

Thanks for your input but you’re wrong.

Fetish means a sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

He doesn’t only get sexual gratification from dressing as a woman. He dates and has sex as a guy, but finds dressing as a woman liberating in the sense that’s is a form expressing himself that he doesn’t feel is available to him as a man.

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty straight up fetish to me. The etc. part of the statement could include an awful lot of things and does. I mean a dominatrix, for example, would probably describe their lifestyle as a fetish, and that’s an entire lifestyle. Unless perhaps the specific elements that make up that lifestyle is what the fetishes are. So maybe you could say your friend has a lifestyle composed of multiple fetishes, but then why not just call the entire lifestyle a fetish? Is this Labour related lol?

You’re right, they take ages and use all the toilet paper.
Why do they use so much?
Are they stealing it or cleaning the floor and walls?
Imagine a man going into the ladies, there would be uproar.

A fetish isn’t only defined by some sexual, however his fixation of dressing in women’s clothing lands him the realm of garment fetishism.

Most of this developed from a childhood experience that has long been buried.

:joy:

5 Likes

Hmm.

Her supporters won’t see this as theyre currently too busy cussing out a tea company though…

That Yorkshire tea thing was peak Labour Twitter hahah, I had fun looking at all those cringe posts.

Just peak Twitter generally, idiots of all political persuasions behave this way. Like all the right wing patriots in America burning Nike gear they spent their own money on because they didn’t like that black athlete man didn’t do a stand for the national anthem and that Nike were OK with this.

Whoever it is behaving this way, you’ve just got to laugh really haha. Imagine having nothing better to do than tweet a company who make tea because a politician you don’t like decided to post a picture of their product without the involvement of said company.

Sad little fuckers lol

5 Likes

Lmao that Nike thing was fucking hilarious as well, people are truly entertaining.

Is it Social Media that makes people feel like they need to be outraged by everything and have to show off their outrage or did people used to be like this. Like if Thatcher drank PG Tips would everyone have had a tantrum and stopped drinking Pg Tips? The mindset blows my mind .

2 Likes

I don’t understand what the story is here.

We’re people unaware that she was a lawyer in the private sector?