The Labour Party

It’s retarded to you but not to other people.

I wouldn’t dream of not circumcising my children and I don’t know anybody who had it done that has a problem with it. I was circumcised when I was a baby and I certainly didn’t grow up having an issue with it.

You don’t have an issue with it because you don’t know any different but you’re purposely mutilating your childs genitals because of culture. I know someone who had a circumsisition for medical reasons. He had pain for an extended period of time. You may have had similar pain but as a baby you would of been unable to communicate this or remember it later in life. Your child may suffer pain because of your choice to circumsize them.

Ok but guess who’s still going to have his children circumcised?

The person who believes his culture is more important than his child experiencing pain

Yeah, circumcision when it isnt necessary is a disgusting practice, I cant imagine putting my kid through that pain at that age for literally no reason.

2 Likes

I generally think that children shouldn’t be submitted to unnecessary cosmetic procedures, but plenty of cultures feel differently (Muslims, Jews, Americans lol) and you don’t seem to get many people who have one that have any complaints from what I can tell.

Seems like one of those things you can personally have an objection to, but it isn’t really necessary to go wild on someone who believes in the practice.

What’s disgusting about it lol. I literally don’t know a single person who’s been circumcised who isn’t happy that they were lol

Just a casual bit of Male genital mutilation. It’s perfectly normal thing to force your child to do.

1 Like

This is just a massive cultural difference. I’m proud of my culture and my background and these are the kind of things I’d never compromise on.

I know this is clearly a big deal to some people… but is anyone else just thinking of that scene from Friends, with Joey at the naked audition? :laughing:

2 Likes

It is in my culture and the cultures of hundreds of millions of people around the world.

The numbers of Americans choosing to circumcise their children are actually dropping significantly as millennials and gen Z’ers start having children.

The reason Americans started circumcising their children is a weird one. Kellogg (of the cornflakes) thought that masturbation was a disgusting sin and believed that removing the foreskin would make it unpleasant and stop boys from doing it so he launched a big old campaign and started lobbying for circumcision back in the early 1900s and it just stuck.

Until now haha

It made me think of a bit of Naked Attraction I caught on Gogglebox recently, bloke had a lengthy and very shrivelly foreskin, looked like an especially unpleasant elephants trunk (do not think there’s a compliment hidden in here about its size), and I did think that someone should have done him a favour as a kid.

1 Like

That would be a positive trend, should it prove to reflect a proper shift in what seems to be accepted thinking in the States. Seems especially odd that they weren’t even doing it for religious reasons, as religion is one of the few justifications you’d expect to hear, aside from people who need one for medical reasons ofc.

Yeah, and as most people know, just because its part of a culture doesnt make it a normal and okay thing to do.

Female genital mutilation
Male genital mutilation

It’s all fucking really weird.

Oh I love Naked Attraction. It amazes me how they get so many people applying for it. The thought of doing that is mortifying. Great TV though :ok_hand:

2 Likes

In your opinion but it’s a good thing most people who stick to some cultural norms don’t really care what others think

If something is a widespread practice in a certain culture, by definition that kind of makes it normal.

1 Like

Cutting bits of kids isnt normal.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, Christianity doesn’t really have much about get circumcised in it otherwise I guess all of us Europeans would be circumcised too haha

After about 50-60 years of doing it in America because of that reason I think it basically just became such an accepted norm where the nurse would just take your baby to the doctor and do it without the parents permission because it was just accepted that it would be done. That and apparently an American sentiment of “he should look like his dad” which I find to be highly odd but more prevalent than I ever realised haha