The Labour Party

Not joining the Independent Group however

What a convoluted way of retiring as an MP :arteta:

Corbyn fighting for a good Brexit deal, while these prats are leaving the party. Cunts.

Theres no such thing as a good Brexit deal.

1 Like

The ā€œBlairiteā€ generation like Umunna I totally get, but I donā€™t understand why people who joined the party in the 80s hate the left. What did they think they were signing up for?

1 Like

Just a reminder as to what the Israeli government under that crook Netanyahu is, and what AIPAC are as the defenders of that shit.

Also what you get called an anti-Semite by the likes of Donald Trump for calling out.

1 Like

The Israel right-wing comes from a fascist paramilitary group.

A family friend is a former Labour minister and he says that Tom Watson is be preparing to leave Labour with 50 MPs in tow to form a new party, feels his days as Dep Leader are numbered and itā€™s time to make a move.

Caveat was that there are rumours and counter rumours flying all round Westminster at the moment, so nothing is a given.

Thought some of you might be interested in a bit of tittle tattle anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I donā€™t see why he would do that. Heā€™ll be the Labour leader before long.

How do you figure that?

I wouldnā€™t be surprised. I view TIG as a coup mark 3, more than any real attempt at forming something new. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the plan was leave on mass, force out JC, and then re-join. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if before too long someone challenges Tom Watson for the deputy role, heā€™s fucking hated now so would for certain lose.

Anyway, kinda hope itā€™s true.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t Watson and Starmer closely aligned? Who has the greater leadership potential once that rat Corbyn is cast aside

Rat lol.

2 Likes

Fucking centrist cunt :joy:

But nah, in terms of which of them has actually impressed, got to be Keir. Not only is the man named after a true political legend, heā€™s been seriously impressive in recent years. Watson hasnt impressed since the nonce scandal, or since he lost seven stone. Which was pretty impressive tbf.

If Corbyn gets ousted but Keir gets in, Iā€™m on board.

Bleh. I take no pleasure in it, as Iā€™m one of many that was duped by Jezza for too long. But anyway heā€™s now a spineless turd as well as being monumentally unelectable, so itā€™s time Labour turned to some of the promising young blood in the party that can both unite Labour before the fissure becomes a chasm, and also capitalise on the fact that the Tories really are in a considerably worse state electorally up until the next GE

1 Like

Im with you pal, believe meā€¦ [pedant] not that duped is necessarily the word Iā€™d used, because it implies malicious intent. [/pedant]

But who is it you view as potential new blood that can unite the party? I ask that in good faith btw :+1:

I was being a silly prick in my earlier posts, but one person who has really impressed me is Keir Starmer, I meant that part lol.

Chris finally took a misstep. Currently being mauled by the British political spectrum left, right and center.

So its an apology about an apology. Sorry state of affairs.:thinking:

This is the end for Corbyn. Too much water passed under the bridge now. This antisemitism nonsense has well and truly stuck now.

If you have to suspend people for questioning it then thatā€™s the battle well and truly lost. I guess we need to suspend all the members who clapped too which is basically all of them.

I opened that video expecting to see him say something extreme, not something I agree with 100%. So if he isnā€™t allowed back in they may as well cancel my membership too.

5 Likes

This.

Itā€™s a shame. Iā€™m not a Labour voter but I like Corbyn. A principled, if a little indecisive, man.

The stigma of anti Semitism could have been nipped in the bud and rooted out ages ago. I donā€™t for one moment believe Corbyn harbours racially motivated views against Jewish people but a token, a gesture of goodwill could have been made after news of his partyā€™s anti Semitic ā€œslipsā€ (understatement of the year)