The Hip-Hop Thread

“Tyson entering to some scary, imposing music” haha

Great walk out.

Now you’ve got me spending my lunch watching Prince Naseem walkouts, for humour and entertainment value for me they’re :goat:

2 Likes

@SRCJJ I got a treat for you here

http://www.itstherub.com/history-of-hip-hop-vol-15-1993-mixed-by-dj-ayres/

Used to listen to these loads a decade ago at uni, but managed to totally lose the website over the last few years, only just remembering what it was called and being able to revisit these sick mixes.

I always enjoyed this one in particular, but they have one for each years from 1979 through til now, all the best hip hop tracks from a particular calendar year.

You can download them directly from that web page, so get on the work WiFi and get one ready for the journey home tonight :grin:

2 Likes

So nobody listening to that new Westside Gunn?

1 Like

This video is good fun. Definitely gonna watch some Kung Fu shit this weekend.

However, I’m here for music recommendations, as I have 36 Chambers but that’s it.

Please recommend more Wu Tang albums, and solo albums of Wu Tang members, what’s the essential listening?

@SRCJJ this content is so you lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emHMUcnge_g&t=4s

When the interviewer says “he’s not that big, he’s a middle weight”, and the way Joe looks at him like “are you fucking brain damaged m8 he was a world champion” :joy:

Interesting when Joe is like “yo you’d knock me out, no questions, but I got 150 guys right here who ain’t gonna be happy, and they ain’t gonna try fighting you…” :eyes:

Also, my previous post, people gimme some Wu and Wu adjacent recommendations PLEASE

1 Like

Liquid Swords and Legend of the Liquid Sword by GZA

Pro tools is pretty legit too.

But the first two are essential listening for Wu Tang fans

1 Like

Yes mate, nice one. I know Google is out there and I’ve heard of a few different albums ofc, but want my learned OA brethren to point me in the right direction

Vlad is such an idiot lol. RJJ has a claim for being the single most gifted boxer to ever live he’d tear apart the entire general population in a one to one fight lol. “He’s not that big” is the proper talk of gym guys who think there size means everything lol.

Listen to Freddie Gibbs new album - Alfredo. It’s fucking insane bro, you’d love it.

Wu Tang
Supreme clientele (Ghostface solo album - one of my top 10 albums in hip hop history)

1 Like

Haha exactly, I’ve never even seen this Vlad guy but my first thought was this is some guy who goes to gym and thinks being big means a smaller guy can’t clean him out quickly, or at least hangs around too often with those types.

Imagine actually implying to Fat Joe that he shouldn’t have been as concerned as he was by this prospect :joy:

I swear Roy Jones was like 5’11 and around 200 pounds anyway, that’s not that small in the first place ffs, let alone for a world champion boxer when the potential opponent is an civilian and as out of shape as Fat Joe would have been then.

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones:

I can’t respect this.

Drake over 50 cent, now I see why these guys shoot like they do :facepalm:

1 Like

Nicki over Kendrick you know. Get in the fucking bin Reiss. She’s not gonna shag u m8

1 Like

They were probably 4 yo when 50 ruled the Hip Hop scene, kids need some education.

2 Likes

Classic. One of my favourites songs to kick back to and relax.

1 Like

Where do I know this sample from? Wu-Tang?

The Pharcyde on Conan :bergkamp2:

https://video-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/124859365_398501441530712_5228238142833474631_n.mp4?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=985c63&efg=eyJybHIiOjU2NSwicmxhIjoxMjM0LCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6ImxlZ2FjeV9zZCJ9&_nc_ohc=k5t-hp739ZUAX8qXI1C&_nc_ht=video-lhr8-1.xx&oh=fb3a77e3ed36d4b6ee6301d91bc1e118&oe=5FB6DA40

Totally slept on this album by Sa-Roc this year. Check it out!

This whole album in general is in my top 3 albums of the year but this tune here…

This Alc beat man :bergkamp2: