The Great Arsenal Draft

By the way, I’ve listed all the players for each option in the OP.

Please have a look through them and point out any players you feel I may have missed.

Maybe Martinez should be an option? Even Shaaban and Wright imo. (Yes it’s obvious I want to avoid Almunia and Manninger :joy:)

2 Likes

Goalies already locked in :joy:

Should we have a time limit, of say an hour during UK daytime, for each person getting their pick in? If no pick submitted in that time then everyone else puts forward a name from the options and player with most votes wins?

2 Likes

I choose our current netminder Bernd Leno, who I think is better than all those apart from Seaman and Lehmann.

Over to you @arsenescoatmaker

1 Like

I’ll go for Cech of his first season. A bit more reliable than Chezney who lacked concentration

@SRCJJ I’m guessing you’re picking Chez?

1 Like

Manninger.

@Cristo

1 Like

Szcesney

1 Like

I pick Jovan Lukic.
A fantastic keeper who played top division football for 4 decades. The man behind our clubs most memorable moment, Michael Thomas goal at Anfield. Imo one of the best keepers we’ve had, second only to Seaman, who ironically was his understudy at Leeds. A consistent keeper who didn’t have to make the fancy saves, because of his ability to read the game and superb positioning. I’m delighted to pick him and I can’t believe he was overlooked here by the likes of Cech, Manninger and even Woj.

5 Likes

That’s cute, but you pushed in. It’s my turn!

I don’t see you in the list @Phoebica

Weird

1 Like

I feel like I was shafted in regards to this, my Timezone gave me very little chance to get in :joy:.

@Phoebica up

I don’t feel like I can pick Lukic now. Would just make me look mean. Thanks @Ocke :unamused: So I guess I’ll go with one of the three losers. Fabianski it is.

1 Like

That leaves us with @Jules and @Craigie to fight it out over Almunia and Ospina :eyes::grin:

Almunia the Morris Dancer

1 Like

Wise pick sir

That leaves Craigie with the one and only, Mr injury himself, Ossssspinaaaa

New pick ready

1 @Sol - Cole
2 @Robin_L - Sylvinho
3 @arsenescoatmaker - Winterburn
4 @SRCJJ - Clichy
5 @Cristo - Monreal
6 @Phoebica - Tierney
7 @Ocke - Saka
8 @Jules - Traore
9 @Craigie - Gibbs
10 @Echoes - Kolasinac

Game on!

Sorry @Phoebica :pensive: I will trade you a pick! Just let me know if there is someone you really want ahead of me.

2 Likes

Ashley Cole

@Robin_L

1 Like