The Great Arsenal Draft

Looking for ten willing participants here.

I’ve drawn up a list of players, spanning the last 30 years, that those taking part will pick one by one thus creating dream teams or Frankenstein versions of Arsenal lineups.

You’ll even get to name your team, fantasy football style.

Sound like fun? Probably not. But anything to take my mind off the impending apocalypse.

Has to be a couple of rules, so here they are:

• I’ll allocate each of you a number from 1-10. Whoever draws number 1 will get first pick from the goalies. 1 then moves to the back of the line, with 2 moving up to get first pick for the LBs. On and on it goes until number 1 is back in first for the 11th and final pick.
  • in honour of our famous back four every team will be required to have that many defenders.
  • midfielders, wingers, attacking midfielders then becomes a free-for-all depending on what attacking formation you wish to us.
  • on the 10th pick the strikers come into play.

So who’s in?

It’s a bloody long list of players so I’ll only type it out if I get the numbers :crazy_face:

Order:

10 @Craigie
1 @Echoes
2 @Sol
3 @Robin_L
4 @arsenescoatmaker
5 @SRCJJ
6 @Cristo
7 @Phoebica
8 @Ocke
9 @Jules

Strikers
Eduardo, Chamakh, Podolski, Giroud, Kanu, Wiltord, Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Bendtner, Smith, K Campbell, Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Hartson, Welbeck, Sanogo, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Graham Rix, Inamoto, Platt, Boa Morte, Denilson, Oxlade, Elnenny, Xhaka, Smith-Rowe, Bischoff, Torreira, Merida, Guendouzi, Pepe, Willock, Pennant, Nelson, Davis, Groves, Hillier, Hughes, Jenson, Suarez, Bentley, George Graham, Walcott, Vela, Owusu-Abeyie, J Campbell, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Diarra, Frimpong, Alan Ball, Randall, Benayoun

Screenshot_20200320-230408

Screenshot_20200324-195513

Screenshot_20200325-211419

2 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

Top man

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

Sounds intriguing :raising_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

I’ll assign numbers, in the op, as we go along

Great thread. Count me in mate :+1:

1 Like

I’m in :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have no idea what’s going on but I’d love to be a part of it

2 Likes

I wanna play :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

I’ll play :+1:

1 Like

Two spots remaining.

We could have this underway in the next hour.

Dunno what it is, but sure.

2 Likes

Count me in.

1 Like

Game on!

1 @Echoes - Seaman
2 @Sol - Lehmann
3 @Robin_L - Leno
4 @arsenescoatmaker - Cech
5 @SRCJJ - Manninger
6 @Cristo - Szczesny
7 @Phoebica - Fabianski
8 @Ocke - Lukic
9 @Jules - Almunia
10 @Craigie - Ospina

Also after we have our teams, how about we make a league competition. Then we make a case for why our team wins and how we’d set up to counter our opponents threats. Then the 8 players not involved in the game votes ‘A team wins’, ‘B team wins’, ‘draw’

We could probably go on until the PL re-starts

2 Likes

Just an idea; if this draft has concluded we can do one for the whole Premier League? Just Arsenal is a bit too limited imo.

1 Like

Good shout.

Can definitely work something like that.

No reason why not. Sounds like a good idea.

Seaman

1 Like